Suggest some awesome FPS game?

Psycho_McCrazy

Disciple
It's been a while since I played a good FPS.

For that matter, it had been a while since I had gamed at all, and only recently have i re-discovered the power that my 7970HD still wields.

My ARPG-Hack/Slash tendencies are fulfilled by Diablo 3: ROS. Will get the

Open World Action-Adventure RPG is currently taken care by Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Witcher 3 probably shall have to wait till I have more capable hardware.

However, I am not able to single out a kickass FPS to play. Essentially, I'm looking for the Half-Life 2 for this decade.

I am not a big fan of the insane pace of DoOM and the like, and honestly, neither do I have the time, nor the skill (and the ping) needed to get involved in Battlefields, so suggest me something that checks all the "Great Graphics, Great Gameplay, Great Gunplay, Great Story" boxes.

It's been a while since I played a good FPS.

For that matter, it had been a while since I had gamed at all, and only recently have i re-discovered the power that my 7970HD still wields.

My ARPG-Hack/Slash tendencies are fulfilled by Diablo 3: ROS. Will get the

Open World Action-Adventure RPG is currently taken care by Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Witcher 3 probably shall have to wait till I have more capable hardware.

However, I am not able to single out a kickass FPS to play. Essentially, I'm looking for the Half-Life 2 for this decade.

I am not a big fan of the insane pace of DoOM and the like, and honestly, neither do I have the time, nor the skill (and the ping) needed to get involved in Battlefields, so suggest me something that checks all the "Great Graphics, Great Gameplay, Great Gunplay, Great Story" boxes.
GTA V

Thanks a lot everyone! I think I'll pick Far Cry and bioshock. And since the entire bioshock collection is on sale on Steam, 575 bucks for Bioshock 1,2,3 and all DLC, I'll purchase it today. Downloads however, maybe I'll wait for near end of billing cycle

OP saids FPS specifically.[DOUBLEPOST=1503496253][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks a lot everyone! I think I'll pick Far Cry and bioshock. And since the entire bioshock collection is on sale on Steam, 575 bucks for Bioshock 1,2,3 and all DLC, I'll purchase it today. Downloads however, maybe I'll wait for near end of billing cycle
Shadow Warrior - It's free in steam for a while.
Since you're interested in FPS, my 2 cents. :blush:

Try Paladins. Its free on Steam and is only multiplayer and is fun
Singularity - old but fun FPS with a great story
Timeshift - An under rated jewel. It was released around 2006 and is based on UE 3. It has aged well, so please see if you can try it
Dishonored - Not strictly a shooter, but its an awesome first person stealth/action game. You can play it like a shooter if you like, but you wont get as many points
Borderlands - Cell shaded graphics, good story line, amazing gameplay, loot and shoot style etc.
Metro series - Amazing story line, amazing environments, amazing gameplay especially on harder difficulties
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series - again an under rated FPS. But it has RPG elements also, so maybe doesnt fit the description of what you need at the moment, but worth a try.

However, before playing the above games, play the following which have already been suggested to you by TE members"
Bioshock series
Far cry 3 and above
Wolfenstein series
Bulletstorm

i second the borderlands 2 suggestions. it checks all of the boxes :D
and OT but if you like d3 then try path of exile (it's free) and torchlight 1/2

Back