Suggest the upgrade - htpc/multimedia pc

manamohanty

Disciple
I have the following config for my PC:
PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core (2.30 gigahertz)
MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM HDMI
TV TUNER: AVerMedia M733 PCI Analog
MONITOR: HP w185 [Monitor
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4350

(besides this I have Netgear Router, Altec Lancing speaker, DVD drv, 4 gb Mem and other necessary things)

What could be the best upgrade for my PC to make it a near perfect HTPC or MULTIMEDIA RIG?

I am :
- Not a Heavy Gamer
- Heavy downloader
- Music & Movie Lover
- Having a budget of 15 K for upgrade

Kindly avoid the response "YOU DONT NEED AN UPGRADE"

Kindly avoid the response "YOU DONT NEED AN UPGRADE" :) Really this is the reply you would get. As u have mentioned others not to do it u are not getting any.

What speakers do you have(model no.) Get a audio card like the ASUS Xonar DX ~ 4.5k if you have decent speakers. It would be better for audiophiles to comment on it.

Seriously you dont need to upgrade any other component(for ur needs) unless something goes kaput.

If u watch lots of 1080p get urself a 24" monitor. The Benq 2420HD~10.5-11k would be good choice. That would be pretty much it.

@ Dark Angel

thanks for your response:
I am having Altec Lansing BXR1221 speaker

My MOBO is ASUS M2A-VM HDMI with one PCIe interface and I am already having GPU (ATI Radeon HD 4350) installed in PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface. I liked the idea of Dolby audio card like ASUS Xonar DX kind of a Sound Card. ASUS Xonar DX is a PCI Express card too. Do you have any PCI (not PCIe) sound card in mind?

I was thinking of replacing the MOBO (may be MSI 890GXM-G65) to get the flexibility.

@ H2O
Just bought the Altec Lancing BXR1221 a couple of months back for its compactness (on my PC table).
Do you think it will be a good idea to go for MX5021?

Back