Suggest tips to buy Refrigerator.

sampyra

Disciple
hey frnds, m looking for a single/double door refrigerator for my house. Can u pls suggest me points that i need to check or consider while buying a refrigerator? Also good brand that has good service.

thanks in advance.

Go for LG, those are better ones these days & energy efficient, you can land in any shop & ask for the brochure or product catalog, you will get all the details with energy consumption specifications.

LG/ Samsung are the leaders.

How big is your family? How big will it be in 5 yrs?

If you are single now, expecting to be married in a yr or two...then do got go for anything lesser than 250 lts.

If there are chances that you will move out of the city within next 5 yrs...buy a smaller 165-180 lts one.

If you are already married..buy atleast 350 lts. Prefer the model with bottom freezer. They are slightly expensive but very convenient. Hitachi/Panasonic/Samsung are few companies that make classic bottom freezer models.
Personally I have used samsung 180lts for over 6 yrs before I sold it off to buy another Samsung 355lts. Touchwood, never had to even look for the customer care's number.

Regards,

Mohit

look for models from panasonic (low budget),else go for models from Sharp & Hitachi.Both are extreme good in terms of buid quality, asthetics & life !!.

We had huge problems with the double-door LG Intellocool (or whatever the model is called).

First, within 2 months of purchase cooling was lost and the outer surface of the unit in fact started to warm up; hot to touch. It was supposed to be a leakage of the coolant gas, as per the LG technician. We demanded a replacement, since it was hardly 2months old, but the seller was only willing to go as far as refilling. After much effort he ultimately replaced the refrigerator.

Just a month after warranty expired, some component failed in this replaced (i.e. new) unit...same symptoms...no cooling and hot exterior. We had no extended warranty and set back by around Rs.2000 for part replacement.

So, personally, I don't suggest LG, though I know they sell like hotcakes and maybe it was just my luck.

I 've currently two refrigerators.

1. 165lts. whirlpool, more than 8yrs. Still running. Two months back some part went bad. Technician replaced at the cost of 400/-. Running fine till now.

2. 250lts, double door, LG. Running fine for last 4yrs. Recently, I observed that the door padding have deformed. But technician said the original padding won't be available

3. Godrej 165lts. had it 5yrs. back. Ran for one year with frequent problems. I sold it off and got the LG one.

Actually one of my friend who was in Godrej sales team, advised me not to go for Godrej refrigerators.

Back