Car & Bike [Suggestion] Car for my father

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
My father commutes around 50-60 km in a city (Pune). He is having back pain issues these days. Now is the best time to change the car. He is still using our 13 years old Daewoo Matiz. So you can consider this to be an upgrade from Matiz.

I am looking for a car (hatchback or low end sedan) for my father.. I have stated the requirements below
  1. Must have airbags
  2. Petrol engine
  3. MUST HAVE the best suspension and sitting comfort
  4. Better safety..
  5. Should have enough leg room
My budget is 7.2L max. I don't really want fancy looks or whatever.. Power, safety and comfort is what I am looking for..

I hope the requirements are not extra ordinary for the budget I have. :p

If you keep your cars for so long (i fully agree with the concept - my Zen is now 12 years old) better stick to the Japanese brands - Maruti, Toyota, Honda. My suggestion will be the Etios, but not sure if the airbag equipped variant will be in your budget. Else consider the Amaze as well as a second option. I personally do like the Liva TRD Sportivo (Etios 1.5 engine in a sporty bodykitted Liva) but i guess that look would be more suited to you than your dad!

If the car is driven by chauffeur checkout Indica Vista. Lots of space inside and the rear seat is very comfortable too.

Else look out for an automatic transmission.

Back