Storage Solutions Suggestion for a 120 GB SSD

Get a 256 GB ssd, then you can put OS + a couple of games with all other applications installed in that drive itself, that is a huge performance boost. Games will load lot lot faster. Samsung Evo 850 is really good, another one to look for is Crucial MX300. Evo is a bit more faster, also has 5 years warranty compared to MX300's 3 years warranty. MX300 is said to be better value for money, better price/GB ratio. Both are well reputed SSD manufacturers.

The 750 is not exactly old, it's the equivalent of a last generation product being sold alongside current generation products, but at cheaper pricing. Also, it has lesser warranty vs the 850. But for entry level SSDs, it's as good as the best, in that price range.

I would actually suggest to pickup a used 850EVO with UAE warranty, I picked up one from @mach9 and its working great.

As good as unused actually.. can tell from the HDTune shots.. anyway as far as performance is concerned.. they're pretty compelling.. I pushed a bit more and went with EVO 960 m.2 as my new boot drive else was quite happy for the short time that I used the 850.

Anyways for games n stuff I'll be actually upgrading to a single EVO 850 500GB, that's how much I liked the performance of the 850.

I have Lenovo Z510. It takes about 3 minutes to start windows 10, plus 2-3 minutes to download everything from startup programs and finish antivirus check. I want to install standard HDD instead of CD drive. And instead of HDD - SSDNow KC400 256GB 2.5" SATAIII MLC (SKC400S37/256G). I think it'll reduce starting time sufficiently.

Back