Budget 71-90K Suggestion for Gaming Laptops with Intel 8th Gen ?

AKGamer

Recruit
Are Gaming laptops ( MSI, Asus, HP) in India will be having intel 8th Gen in future? Is it a good time to purchase a gaming laptop or wait for 8th gen?

From what i've seen, gaming laptops with 8th gen intel chips have already started selling. There was an ad for one in TOI a few days ago

And why is the specific reason for the 8th Gen CPU? For Gaming, GPU is more necessary than the CPU. Even a Skylake CPU can host a 1080 card and run any game. The future proofing is just a myth! I still have my ivybridge processor (yeah that 3770k) running a 970 card and can easily run most of the games at decent settings

Sorry to hijack the thread.. Are there any laptops with the G Series Intel processors in india?

Also the laptop models in the american websites are so much better and cheaper than india :(

And why is the specific reason for the 8th Gen CPU?
Fyi, more cores in 8th gen. i5 Ultra processors from Intel 7th gen have 2C/4T. Better ones like the HQ, i5 7300HQ for instance has 4C/4T. 8th gen chips have more cores with Hyperthreading technology. The i5 8250U has 4C/8T (albeit at a slower clockspeed 1.6GHz - 3.4GHz than the H). Same goes for the i5 8300H which is clocked at 2.3GHz - 4.00GHz.
Note: Intel i5 7300U even though it has only 2 cores has a higher clockspeed (than i5 8250U) at 2.5GHz - 3.1GHz
For Gaming, GPU is more necessary than the CPU. Even a Skylake CPU can host a 1080 card and run any game.
Incorrect.[DOUBLEPOST=1524419309][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also the laptop models in the american websites are so much better and cheaper than india :(
Get it imported through someone during sales. Like Blackfriday

Incorrect.[DOUBLEPOST=1524419309][/DOUBLEPOST]
What do you mean by incorrect? I take it your reply is specific to laptop only or this statement of his " For Gaming, GPU is more necessary than the CPU". If thats the case then he is somewhat right and wrong too. Performance increase does NOT means overall performance increase. It is more inclined towards heavy multitasking. If you are not too much into heavy multitasking then it does not matter. Every year they will bring some new things and try to target the mass.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by incorrect? I take it your reply is specific to laptop only or this statement of his " For Gaming, GPU is more necessary than the CPU".
That is exactly why I said "Incorrect".

Performance increase does NOT means overall performance increase. It is more inclined towards heavy multitasking. If you are not too much into heavy multitasking then it does not matter.
Its not that complicated. Some games (like Dota2 and PUBG for example) take a heavier load on the CPU more than the GPU, in which case my comment would be correct. And also with the huge popularity of battle royale games, the effects could get bigger (with newer titles, new features etc). I'm not sure why people always think only of "multi-tasking" when a cpu is mentioned without realizing that newer games are also getting heavier on the system resources. :/

Every year they will bring some new things and try to target the mass.
This is irrelevant to the discussion.

Also the person above was specifically talking about the Skylake, 8th and his Ivybridge 3770K which btw is a desktop chip in a laptop thread. No one is disagreeing with the fact that 'future proofing is a myth' but if you're going to compare then at least do a fair comparison of Apple Vs Apple and not Apple Vs Orange. If that's still difficult to comprehend for your mind, compare an Ivybridge mobile chip Vs a similar 8th gen mobile chip and tell me how it turn out.

^^Dude thats why please complete your sentences this is a forum otherwise its difficult to understand. I do not have much experience in laptops & have no interest in using them for gaming at least. I was just browsing and got confused because of your conversation with that guy. Maybe he made a bad comparison. Off topic follows then:
PUBG was a badly coded game nothing more. Still I had no problem running it with my office system with Core i5-3570. Dota 2 is well coded game and runs smooth at least on every type of system. Since many people are streaming on twitch thus they launched a new business model to focus mainly to them. If you are playing,streaming, recording and doing some background work at the same time then you may get some benefit.

Are Gaming laptops ( MSI, Asus, HP) in India will be having intel 8th Gen in future? Is it a good time to purchase a gaming laptop or wait for 8th gen?

If I am not mistaken ASUS and MSi have a few models which come with Coffee Lake SKUs already. Mainstream brands like HP, DELL and Acer offerings are still limited to the U series Coffee Lake SKUs.

There will be releases post-Computex which should see these brands transition completely to the 4C /6C Coffee Lake processors on all their gaming /professional oriented SKUs.

Back