Suggestion for phone around 10K

theoracle

Adept
One of my friend is looking to by a new phone, he found the Black Berry Tour 9630 3G Smart Phone and was considering to buy this one.

1st Help:
Friends could you share your experience with shopping.indiatimes.com?

2nd:
I am trying to convince him to buy someother phone preferably Andriod within the same budget, could you guys suggest what would be best given the budget and if Black-Berry-Tour-9630 is worth buying.

I found the below phones around range, please comment on them also.
Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801
Samsung Galaxy Fit S 5670
Dell XCD35
LG OPTIMUS ONE P500

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: Around 10k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

4. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Multimedia , games etc.

5. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

6. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Black Berry Tour 9630 3G Smart Phone

Tell your friend that there should obviously be a reason for this. And let him decide between BB and Android.
nielsenandroid-2.jpg

And in Android, For 10K budget, follow these threads
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/need-advice-lg-optiums-one-worth-193295.html
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/need-few-info-xcd-owners-lg-193384.html

If camera isn't important, Dell XCD25 with cyanogenmod is the best bet.
If camera is an option to be considered, Optimus One will justify the price range with a better battery life.

But like always, spending more will fetch you better device. If he's going to buy through EMI, ask him to spend more.

Dell XCD35 is a good option. I bought it from flipkart @ 11499 but the price dropped to 10499 in a month. I think it sells below 10k on ebay. The one that flipkart shipped me was faulty with the bluetooth not working. After sales service was good as I got it replaced here at Bhubaneswar almost immediately. The phone has a slight heating issue with the battery lasting a day with normal usage of 2 hours WiFi, 2 hours music, 1 hour voice call, some texting etc. The new XCD35 come pre loaded with Froyo and you need not upgrade it from 2.1. And I would always prefer Android over Blackberry.

Back