Suggestion required for new Refrigerator

Lot of discount is being given in shops. Check out local market and compare online pricing. With Diwali and sales coming up, it will be a good time to hold on if possible.
Panasonic inverter 2019 models are really good.

Let's start eliminating choices. Drop Haier & Whirlpool. Service with these won't be as good as with LG, Samsung & Bosch. The advantage with Whirlpool is price. Will beat the others for same capacity by 5k at least. A friend of mine had one and it was ok. It is thinner and taller than other models so if space is a constraint this might be the only choice. Whirlpool even has a 3 door model.

The way i would rank these is by which has a temperature setting as opposed to some dial which does not tell you what the temperature is. Having a temperature setting is more intuitive.

And its only the Samsung left with the Bosch coming a close second. The Samsung has the temperature settings for both freezer & fridge on the door. Easy access and visible at all times. The Bosch only has temperature setting for the fridge but the freezer is a dial type thermostat. Looks wise & design, the Bosch is best.

The Samsung is also a 5 mode fridge. Which means regular, dual fridge, Freezer off & fridge on or freezer on & fridge off. I don't know how useful you find this feature but the other two only have dual fridge.

The only thing missing with all is a light in the freezer. Unfortunately light in the freezer is only present on models that are 400 lt and above. It's a nice feature.

Always go for a fridge that has light on the top. Top lit. Some models have the light on a wall at the back so things will appear darker than if light is on the top. Also you don't get the light in your face.

You should see these models in a shop before buying. Whether the size is adequate, whether shelves are adjustable to a height you want etc. How much space between the shelves. This made me consider bigger models as i found the smaller ones too cramped.

Whether the ice box can be removed or is it fixed to the shelf. Fridge is placed on a stand so your toes don't get jammed when the door is opened. Taking into account height of the stand are the shelves in a convenient position. Only way to tell is visit the shops.

I bought a 470 Lt LG recently. I looked on amazon and found a LG outlet seller that was on the outskirts of the city. Instant 5k off because of that instead of in the city. I needed a deal where they would take the old fridge and give me something off. On amazon this was not possible but i contacted the seller and he suggested to do it direct with him instead of using amazon. This brought the price down by 2k again. Before accepting the fridge i told the seller i would inspect and refuse on the spot if there were any dents. He agreed. They delivered and took the old one back. After inspecting i made the payment via net banking. It was a good experience.

I am planning to buy a new fridge for my home use around 300 liters. Can you please suggest which is better brand for life and service. I am currently in PCMC, Pune. Also what do you suggest, buying online or from shop.
Currently shortlisted models:
1) https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-34...=hp&ppn=hp&ssid=czoeez63yo0000001568628879636

Samsung has two sizes there, 345L & 324 L. Get the bigger one as its only 4 inches taller and more space is always better than less. For 3k more its not a big deal.

Keep in mind this Samsung model does not have provision for a lock. The LG & Bosch do.

The LG has door cooling which the other models do not have. 4 star but not dual fridge.

More colour choices as well

Downside with the 300Lt LG's is no temperature setting. Just dial.

Last edited:
Lot of discount is being given in shops. Check out local market and compare online pricing. With Diwali and sales coming up, it will be a good time to hold on if possible.
Panasonic inverter 2019 models are really good.
Yes I went to Croma store yesterday and the sales guy was telling about Panasonic. Also Panasonic has 2+12 years warranty while other all brand are giving 1+10.
Not sure about Panasonic service.
Post automatically merged:

Let's start eliminating choices. Drop Haier & Whirlpool. Service with these won't be as good as with LG, Samsung & Bosch. The advantage with Whirlpool is price. Will beat the others for same capacity by 5k at least. A friend of mine had one and it was ok. It is thinner and taller than other models so if space is a constraint this might be the only choice. Whirlpool even has a 3 door model.

The way i would rank these is by which has a temperature setting as opposed to some dial which does not tell you what the temperature is. Having a temperature setting is more intuitive.

And its only the Samsung left with the Bosch coming a close second. The Samsung has the temperature settings for both freezer & fridge on the door. Easy access and visible at all times. The Bosch only has temperature setting for the fridge but the freezer is a dial type thermostat. Looks wise & design, the Bosch is best.

The Samsung is also a 5 mode fridge. Which means regular, dual fridge, Freezer off & fridge on or freezer on & fridge off. I don't know how useful you find this feature but the other two only have dual fridge.

The only thing missing with all is a light in the freezer. Unfortunately light in the freezer is only present on models that are 400 lt and above. It's a nice feature.

Always go for a fridge that has light on the top. Top lit. Some models have the light on a wall at the back so things will appear darker than if light is on the top. Also you don't get the light in your face.

You should see these models in a shop before buying. Whether the size is adequate, whether shelves are adjustable to a height you want etc. How much space between the shelves. This made me consider bigger models as i found the smaller ones too cramped.

Whether the ice box can be removed or is it fixed to the shelf. Fridge is placed on a stand so your toes don't get jammed when the door is opened. Taking into account height of the stand are the shelves in a convenient position. Only way to tell is visit the shops.

I bought a 470 Lt LG recently. I looked on amazon and found a LG outlet seller that was on the outskirts of the city. Instant 5k off because of that instead of in the city. I needed a deal where they would take the old fridge and give me something off. On amazon this was not possible but i contacted the seller and he suggested to do it direct with him instead of using amazon. This brought the price down by 2k again. Before accepting the fridge i told the seller i would inspect and refuse on the spot if there were any dents. He agreed. They delivered and took the old one back. After inspecting i made the payment via net banking. It was a good experience.

Samsung has two sizes there, 345L & 324 L. Get the bigger one as its only 4 inches taller and more space is always better than less. For 3k more its not a big deal.

Keep in mind this Samsung model does not have provision for a lock. The LG & Bosch do.

The LG has door cooling which the other models do not have. 4 star but not dual fridge.

More colour choices as well

Downside with the 300Lt LG's is no temperature setting. Just dial.

Thanks for the detail description and advice. The Croma guy told that Samsung have the temperature panel which if damaged will make the Refrigerator useless and will be costly to get it repaired. I am not very convinced, but now he placed a doubt in my mind :confused:

Thanks for the detail description and advice. The Croma guy told that Samsung have the temperature panel which if damaged will make the Refrigerator useless and will be costly to get it repaired. I am not very convinced, but now he placed a doubt in my mind :confused:
A panel is a simple replacement. If you have a doubt talk to the service centre and ask prices. I doubt it would cost more than 5k. Say that unless you get answers you will buy from another manufacturer. Talk to a samsung repair guy.

My LG has a control panel on the top. If anything goes it will be a simple circuit board swap for 6k with labour included. I asked the demo guy who is a repair guy as well.

It's odd a salesperson tells you to avoid samsung as they usually get a good commission to recommend samsung.

What will give you trouble with a fridge is if you move houses often and have to transport it.

Dials are always more reliable than electronic components and cheaper to fix but then you are limited to fridges 200 lt and under. These do not cool uniformly as they don't have circulator fans. Not to mention very small as well. You would need a second one which isn't a bad idea. Two smaller fridges instead of one bigger one gives you redundancy.

Funnily enough this is what a repair guy mentioned. He told me to stay away from the more fancier models but one look at the two and i decided i would chance it with more modern fridge. I was looking to replace a nearly 50 yr old kelvinator and wanted something more modern.

Last edited:
Ok
A panel is a simple replacement. If you have a doubt talk to the service centre and ask prices. I doubt it would cost more than 5k. Say that unless you get answers you will buy from another manufacturer. Talk to a samsung repair guy.

My LG has a control panel on the top. If anything goes it will be a simple circuit board swap for 6k with labour included. I asked the demo guy who is a repair guy as well.

It's odd a salesperson tells you to avoid samsung as they usually get a good commission to recommend samsung.

What will give you trouble with a fridge is if you move houses often and have to transport it.

Dials are always more reliable than electronic components and cheaper to fix but then you are limited to fridges 200 lt and under. These do not cool uniformly as they don't have circulator fans. Not to mention very small as well. You would need a second one which isn't a bad idea. Two smaller fridges instead of one bigger one gives you redundancy.

Funnily enough this is what a repair guy mentioned. He told me to stay away from the more fancier models but one look at the two and i decided i would chance it with more modern fridge. I was looking to replace a nearly 50 yr old kelvinator and wanted something more modern.
Ok, I will confirm with Samsung Service center about the same. Also I saw Panasonic 336 L which is not convertible and have the dial for temperature control. So I will finalize between Samsung 324L, 345L or Panasonic 336 L.
Also I understood from Croma the LG model 335L is discontinued now. Only old stock is available everywhere.

Ok, I will confirm with Samsung Service center about the same. Also I saw Panasonic 336 L which is not convertible and have the dial for temperature control. So I will finalize between Samsung 324L, 345L or Panasonic 336 L.
Forget the 324L look at the 345L

What about the Bosch ?

Whether there is a dial or not is up to you. My preference was for temperature control because its easier. Otherwise you don't know what the temperature is and require a thermometer.

Also I understood from Croma the LG model 335L is discontinued now. Only old stock is available everywhere.
Talk to an LG outlet. Impression i got was my LG fridge was made in Pune.

This weekend I will be finalizing anyone of these or shall I wait for the online sale?
If you can wait price could be less so long as the options you want are available.

Sales are usually about stock clearing. I find often that what i want never goes on sale so i don't bother to wait.

Yes, I have shortlisted the 345L model.
Also I have checked the Panasonic 335L model and LG fridge around the same size.
What are your thoughts on those 3 ?

Last edited:
If you can wait price could be less so long as the options you want are available.

Sales are usually about stock clearing. I find often that what i want never goes on sale so i don't bother to wait.

What are your thoughts on those 3 ?

I have finalized the Samsung 345L model from store. Will confirm the order tomorrow. Getting for 31500 and additional bank offers on EMI.

Back