Camera Suggestions: CCTV system for 25k - including installation

indy1811

Skilled
Will be buying a CCTV system in the next few days. Here are the requirements:

1. 4 cameras - Day & Night (HD or FHD)
2. 8 channel DVR
3. 1 TB HDD
4. Ability to stream video on Mobile or tablets

The area to be covered is around 1000sq. ft of a 2400 sq foot home.

I've spoken to a few dealers locally and here are the rates they've quoted:

Dealer 1: HIKVision combo with 4 HD (2MP) cameras, 4 channel DVR and 1TB HDD. 16k + installation of Rs.65 per metre for wiring and casing. He visited the house and estimated 150 metres of wiring which works out to 10k for that alone! Is 150 metres required for around 1000sq ft of space?

Dealer 2: Vintron combo with 4 HD cameras, 4 channel DVR and 1TB HDD. 14.5k + installation of Rs.55 per metre for wiring and casing.

Dealer 3: Encore combo with 4 HD cameras, 4 channel DVR and 1TB HDD. 24k including installation up to 100 metres of wiring and casing.

Dealer 4: BPL combo with 4 HD cameras, 4 channel DVR and 1TB HDD. 19k just for the system.

Which brand would you suggest?

I would have bought the parts online but the problem is with the installation since i can't do the wiring and casing on my own.

Most of the lower end CCTV combos look to be OEM rebrands of Hikvision or CP Plus in the branded space, with the former more than the latter. Hence would suggest to stick to these two only.

Secondly, ensure you buy your stuff from a registered dealer, as without the bill, Hikvision does not give warranty.

Wiring and casing seem to be expensive. Location?

Breakup for the CCTV is

Parts - this is mainly the cameras, DVR and HDD. An entry level camera is about 1K, say 1.3MP, the DVR (16CH, Single HDD) comes to 5K roughly, and the HDDs are 9.5K for 4TB. 1TB should be about 4K ish.

Accessories - wires (3+1 should be around 20 INR or less per metre), BNC connectors, PSU for the cameras

Piping costs - as applicable.

Labour costs - usually 15 INR per metre? This factor changes. usually, on top of this, they charge 250 per camera install, and 1-1.5K for the DVR config.

Most of the lower end CCTV combos look to be OEM rebrands of Hikvision or CP Plus in the branded space, with the former more than the latter. Hence would suggest to stick to these two only.

Secondly, ensure you buy your stuff from a registered dealer, as without the bill, Hikvision does not give warranty.

Wiring and casing seem to be expensive. Location?

Breakup for the CCTV is

Parts - this is mainly the cameras, DVR and HDD. An entry level camera is about 1K, say 1.3MP, the DVR (16CH, Single HDD) comes to 5K roughly, and the HDDs are 9.5K for 4TB. 1TB should be about 4K ish.

Accessories - wires (3+1 should be around 20 INR or less per metre), BNC connectors, PSU for the cameras

Piping costs - as applicable.

Labour costs - usually 15 INR per metre? This factor changes. usually, on top of this, they charge 250 per camera install, and 1-1.5K for the DVR config.

Thanks @vivek.krishnan

Location is Bangalore. Here's the breakup one of the dealers from Urban Clap gave me:

https://prnt.sc/gsu9h3

and when i quoted Rs. 20 per meter for wiring they said that's just for the coax cable. The casing etc. would be more and works out to 50-60 bucks per meter.
gsu9h3

Thanks @vivek.krishnan

Location is Bangalore. Here's the breakup one of the dealers from Urban Clap gave me:

https://prnt.sc/gsu9h3

and when i quoted Rs. 20 per meter for wiring they said that's just for the coax cable. The casing etc. would be more and works out to 50-60 bucks per meter.
gsu9h3
Casing etc is pretty cheap. You can get it in any local electrical shop. 0.75 inch or 1inch.

God damn it just noticed the age of the thread. >.<

Wireless will work fine for your use case.. Use network cameras instead of analog for future proofing - may go a little over budget but no wiring hassles to contend with
Hikvision 8 channel NVR - 6K odd
Hikvision 2020 CD-IW (outdoor) (notice the W at the end) or 2420F -IW (cube for internal) - 5K odd each

Back