Suggestions for a Casual Gaming rig under 25k

Fire Wolf

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
HP a1310in Desktop
RAM - Kingston 2X1GB PC6400
Monitor - HP 2309m

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - HP 2309m

(please mention the rest in above format)
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU/Mobo/everything else - Please suggest.
GPU - HD4850 - prices?

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Final Config

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Nehru Place, New Delhi

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Low-Mid Gaming
Browsing
HD Movies
Downloading

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Dont want to buy Asus/Transcend.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Pro Evolution Soccer; COD, etc

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - no idea
Desktop - 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 - Prices?
or Windows XP

Thanks in advance. :)

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD AthlonII X3 435(2.9GHz, 3 cores) 3900

Motherboard Gigabyte MA785GMT-US2H 5500

RAM 2GB GSkill 1333MHz Kingston DDRIII RAM 3000

HDD 500 GB WD Blue 2350

GPU Sapphire HD4770 512GB DDR5 6000

Cabinet CM Elite 310 1550

PSU/SMPS Gigabyte Superb 460w 2200

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 700

Mouse NA -

ODD L.G. GH22NS30 /Samsung SH-S22F SATA DVD-Writer 1100

Total 26300

If on a tighter budget you can go for a AthlonII X2 245~3k.

Also as you are a casual gamer get a HD4770 instead of a HD4850 as the performance of HD4770 is ~90-92% of that of the HD4850 but the power consumption is much lower(80-85w max. load)

Thanks for the reply. Though I was thinking of fitting in the Windows 7 inside the 25k budget, so could I sacrifice on the Proc+Mobo? Also would Kingston 4GB 800mhz RAM be more VFM than 2GB 1333mhz? Or is the difference is performance considerable?

Well if you are gonna buy original Windows 7 OS then you can trim on the mobo and RAM and go for a DDR2 mobo~3.5k and 2GB 800MHz kingston DDR2 RAM~2.5k

Do you think it's worth stretching the budget to go for the DDR3 mobo and RAM instead of the DDR2? Also is the Athlon X2 a better bet than the Dual Core? shopkeepers at Nehru Place always seem to harp about the problems and heating issues AMDs face and try to push for DC/C2Ds.

^ Thats bcoz they may get higher commision for selling intel. Ya the AthlonII X2 240 is on par with E5400.

AMD heating issues are a thing of past. AFAIK in the last 3-4 yrs there has been no such thing as AMD proccies overheating.

I think I'll go for the AMD then. Do you think I could go for the Biostar TA785G3 instead of the Gigabyte to save a bit on the budget or should I stick to the GB?
Also, do you know the price on Windows 7 Home Premium? :)

How do you intend to fit in Windows 7 Home premium in the budget??? Even if you skimp on the mobo+ CPU... max you can save is about 3,500... or you go for a Asus m2n68am plus which is about 2,300..

With the setup Darkangel suggested it's already 26 Grands + Windows 7 Home 5,275... That's about 31,000...

Back