Camera Suggestions for a DSLR + Laptop backpack..

vinaycm

Adept
As the title suggests, I'm looking forward to buying a DSLR + Laptop Backpack. My requirements are:

* Should be compact enough. Intended for everyday use.
* Should be able to carry my D5100 + 18-105mm & two extra lenses (50mm & 35mm) and a SB400 flash comfortably.
* Good enough padding inside so as to provide maximum protection for the stuff inside.
* Separate padded compartments for the lenses and flash would be a good addition.
* Budget is around 5K max.

These are the models i've shortlisted.
Lowepro Compuday Photo 250: This is the best i've came across. Lack of separate lens compartments is the only downer.
Caselogic TBC 307: Compact, but no space for a laptop (though an iPad is easy fit). Plus no separate lens compartments.

Please suggest me some models that fulfills my requirements and comes under my budget.

Everyone has a kata Dr-467i. So do I. Check it out.
It takes laptops, has a lower half for camera/lenses and an upper half where you can put anything else really. It will swallow all the gear you mention.

@vinaycm Let me know if a Lowepro Fastpack 350 (not the AW type) fits your requirements and if you are interested in one. I bought one thinking that I might find use for it, but haven't used it even once.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the title suggests, I'm looking forward to buying a DSLR + Laptop Backpack. My requirements are:

* Should be compact enough. Intended for everyday use.
* Should be able to carry my D5100 + 18-105mm & two extra lenses (50mm & 35mm) and a SB400 flash comfortably.
* Good enough padding inside so as to provide maximum protection for the stuff inside.
* Separate padded compartments for the lenses and flash would be a good addition.
* Budget is around 5K max.

These are the models i've shortlisted.
Lowepro Compuday Photo 250: This is the best i've came across. Lack of separate lens compartments is the only downer.
Caselogic TBC 307: Compact, but no space for a laptop (though an iPad is easy fit). Plus no separate lens compartments.

Please suggest me some models that fulfills my requirements and comes under my budget.

These are among the two best you can find in the Indian market. The caselogic has higher warranty (some models have upto 20 yrs), but he texture and feel of the material are not a plus for everyone. Do see both of these and you would be able to choose right away

Back