Car & Bike Suggestions for a New Bike

vheezay

Disciple
Hi,
I am in search of a new bike. My Daily travel would be around 20-22kms going to the office and coming back and the occasional trip with friends. I would want a bike which has good looks and has a very good FE. My budget is around the 65k mark...That is the MAX which i can spend. I have condidered the following bikes :
1) Yamaha sz-r (OTR 63K) / Yamaha SZ-X
2) Pulsar 135 (OTR 65K)
3) Discover 150 (OTR 60K)
4) Honda CB Twister
Any other suggestions are welcome.. I am slighly averse to buying a pulsar as it is very common on the road and the ride quality is not that great.. My wish is to buy a Unicorn Dazzler but due to its high pricing i cannot buy it...

Plz kindly help me out ..I am based in Thane, Mumbai.

Pulsar 135 -- eyes closed! I almost went for the Yamaha SZ-X but went for the Pulsar 135 in the end. Its a brilliant bike! It handles well and returns good mileage - anywhere between 55-60 Kmpl and will leave every 150cc bike in India (barring the R15) behind. This bike does 130 kmph+ if tuned properly and 125kmph+ easily with no wobbles. It is butter smooth at low revs and at high revs. I often do long trips on Sundays which are anywhere between 100 km to 350 km - I have never felt uncomfortable or tired. I usually don't stop anywhere apart from the mandatory 5 min break every 60 kms to let the engine cool down. Its fun to modify as well and is a good looking bike. I bought my bike on the 22nd of August and have enjoyed every km covered on it. The Pulsar 135 is still very uncommon and people still are not aware of its existence.

@Vheezay: Bike is a thing which cannot be changed every one year, it will remain with you for atleast 5 years.. So my suggestion would be to save more money and get what you wish to... i.e Unicorn dazzler. Its not common and performance is better than Pulsar.

As far as options you have considered, I find each of them except discover 150 more or less the same. Discover has got bad looks IMO.

You can consider the Yamaha Gladiator ~55k OTR. Now its renamed as the SS125. Its consistently in the top 2 125cc in bikeindia.

Go for an Yamaha or a Honda since they have more refined engines than Bajaj.

I dont like the Gladiator...
From what i've heard Bajaj vehicles have cheap parts and the build quality is not upto the mark like in Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki. Also the A.S.S of Bajaj is pathetic i heard.
I'd really love to buy the Unicorn Dazzler as it beats the hell outta Pulsar by a long shot, but i'd really want to but a bike in the next 1 week or so.. So cant afford it
I'm not specifically looking at 150cc . even if i get a 125cc it'd be fine for me....

Dazzler has waiting period of 2 months, so book your bike now and save some money during that waiting period, its not a cellphone which you will sell after some time, so save and get the bike which you like :)

Waiting period of 2 months for a bike ??? wow.. that sounds absurd.. Is the bike that "Hot"..???? aw, i cant wait for 2 months...I need to buy a bike in 1 week's time...I know i like the bike but its not like my fav bike... So if i'm getting anything better than that (In the budget of 65k) then i'd go for it...

Plz suggest me ASAP....

Have a look at Honda Stunner too.

20aql5e.png

I will suggest you Honda any 125CC for great fuel economy and Yamaha sz series for both styling and mileage.

great looks 153cc more then 50kmpl.

Honda CBF Stunner looks like a sport bike but its too costly(76k) for a 125cc...
How abt Honda Shine ??
Also would like to know what is the diff between SZ-X and SZ-R.. Some websites say SZX is muich better while some say SZR is better.
Also would liek to know abt any Hero Honda Bikes....They are supposed to be maintanance free i think...

New Hero honda hunk can be considered if you are looking for Hero honda bikes, which is now "Humme hai hero" ....No other option is worth considering..

But I again suggest you to book Dazzler now( you can always bargain and pay the least possible amount for advance booking) and wait for 2 months to get it... As you have already extended your budget to 70K, then Dazzler is not that far to get your hands on...

So far the options given by TE members
1) Unicorn Dazzler ( Out of Budget, 2 mnths waiting)
2) Honda CBF Stunner( Not VFM, Over-priced)
2) Honda Twister( Can be considered)
4) HH Hunk ( Reviews in some websites are bad)
5) Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS ( One of the contenders, but not 1st option)
6) Honda Shine ( ????)
7) Yamaha ss125 (????)
8) Yamaha SZ-R ( One of the contenders)

@chiragthakur :- U r tempting me dude !!! :p... But am sorry cant wait for 2 months more as daily am travelling by 6 seaters from my office in Hinjewadi P2 to Kothrud..Its a pain....Bus charges are way too high..so want a bike ASAP...

So am confused between SZ-R, Pulsar 135 and Twister... No idea reagrading Honda Shine and Yamaha SS125...
Any idea wots the OTR of CBZ Extreme ????

No problem Bro ;) Its your call after all... considering the difficulties you face while travelling I suggest you to go for Yamaha SZR or Twister... More refined engines than other bikes in that segment. Pulsar 135 is a good bike, but when it comes to Bajaj, I loose my confidence in their engine...

Only one thing I know about CBZ extreme and that is its design sucks, the colour combination, the front headlight, rear tail light all are weird. It looks like a insect to me. Same way like Yamaha's old FAZER looked.. Yucks....

Havent you considered the standard UNICORN bike?? I think it is a few thousands cheaper than dazzler but a real good bike.

I had thought Honda had stopped producing the original unicorn after the launch of the dazzler....Good that u remineded me of it... btw, whats the difference between dazzler and the original unicorn ???
Will surely consider that if its in my range...So now the options are Original unicorn/Yamaha SZ-R/Twister and CBZ Extreme 2011 model....
Going to TD the Honda bikes today.. will surely update ya all.... :)

vheezay said:
whats the difference between dazzler and the original unicorn ???

IMO, its mainly 3 things:

1) The engine in both bikes the same. Unicorn engine has 13.3 Bhp power but in Dazzler; same engine tuned to produce maximum power of 14 Bhp.

2) The styling, unicorn is simple in look. ANd honda tried to give dazzler sporty feel.

3) Weight: Unicorn is heavy, while dazzler is bit lighter bike

^

4) Double or triple the waiting time of the Dazzler. Depending on where you're at, the original Unicorn has anywhere from 3 months to 1 year waiting time.

Considered GS150R? IMO it's a no nonsense bike with decent features (6 gears etc.) and very good FE AFAIK but do look at service near your area.

Gaurish said:
IMO, its mainly 3 things:

1) The engine in both bikes the same. Unicorn engine has 13.3 Bhp power but in Dazzler; same engine tuned to produce maximum power of 14 Bhp.

2) The styling, unicorn is simple in look. ANd honda tried to give dazzler sporty feel.

3) Weight: Unicorn is heavy, while dazzler is bit lighter bike
Would like to add to that, everything Gaurish mentioned Plus Beefed up tubeless tyres, Front & Rear Disc brakes, softer monoshock set up, maintenance free battery, viscous air filter. Better throttle response than unicorn, but torque is a bit less, it can't pull weight over steep roads as easily as the unicorn. It's not a slouch either, just they it feels less torquey comparatively but has better top end.

Avoid Bajaj at any cost, reliability issues & needs more maintenance than the Japs.

Yamaha Gladiator has always been under rated by many, but it's a good bike.

Honda Shine has improved a lot, the newer ones feel more torquey and you can never go wrong with a Honda, although waiting period is more. But you can always pay a thousand or two to jump the waiting list ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

thanks for the info guys.... so unicorn also ruled out coz of the waiting period....Pulsar is also ruled out ...so that leaves me with Yamaha SZ-R and Honda Shine... How is the GS150R A.S.S ... i dont see it on the road at all.. very few....heard its a good bike in the 70k range.....

Back