Suggestions for a programmers boot camp with industry tie up

blr_p

Skilled
Friend asked me for suggestions for a programmers boot camp that has industry tie-ups.

3 -6 months duration with no upfront fees. Train on languages and live projects. Food and board are on the candidate. Payment is 15-20% of the salary for the first year after the candidate has been placed.

Any ideas of such training centres ?

Location can be India wide.

Any ideas of such training centres ?
I am guessing most of such centers are scamming anyways. They usually target vulnerable people who are desperate for a job. Also, as far as I've known, industries don't "tie-up" with training centers.

Just ask him to start contributing to opensource projects on github. he will atleast have something to show off to perspective employers.

Yes, but they would as for fees upfront rather than after they placed you.

Way i've known it to work was you got into a company, then they trained you and you had to sign a bond say a yr or two to remain with them after training was over.

The telecom field has such companies which my friends used to get jobs in Ericsson and Reliance, but even there they had to pay fees upfront. In IT, all you will get are either coaching centres or scamsters. It is much better to just join a company instead as they train and pay you at the same time. Sure, you might not get the technology of your choice, but at least you will get a foot in the door.

Back