PC Peripherals Suggestions for adding additonal RAM along with the existing one [Dynet DDR2 RAM 2GB]

Flash!

Vroooomm...
Disciple
I recently bought a Sapphire HD6670 1GB DDR5 GPU for my below config'd PC.

• Viewsonic VA1716W monitor
  • Dynet DDR2 RAM 2GB ["Dynet Module 2048MB DDRII 667MHz CL5 PC5300 240 Pin(Desktop)"]
  • Intel DG31PR Mobo
  • Intel core 2 Duo @2.53GHz
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 250GB

After installing the GPU, i feel a sort of SLOWNESS in PC at times. I guess its because of GPU borrowing some memory from RAM.
So, i thought of adding 1 more additional RAM (probably 2GB) to counteract things.

Since my mobo is old, i can install only the DDR2 RAM. I hope for

1.Please suggest a DDR2 RAM and along with price, if possible.
2.Whether i can fit 800MHz DDR2 RAM with the existing one or should i go with 667MHz alone?

Your GPU won't borrow ram from the system, as it comes with dedicated 1GB of DDR5 memory.. The laziness might be due to your system config.

You can add another 2GB of system ram without any problem, just make sure that the new RAM runs at the same speed as the previous one (667 MHz), else you might experience system restart / BSOD.

In some case, adding a 800Mhz ram does works, and the higher speed one automatically runs at the lower ones speed, so if you add a 800Mhz ram, it might automatically run a 667MHz.

Hope this helps

in that case mate, i have no idea on this. Buy why to rely on slower ddr2 memory after having ddr5 memory :S

Anyone please explain this ?

If GPU uses part of system's memory, then PC should've least memory. Right?
Thats why i want to increase my RAM!

Anyone??!!!???

Back