Budget 21-30k Suggestions for PC build for image editing (Photoshop and Light-room)

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • 25K (increased to 60K)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel E7300
    • Motherboard - Asus (dont remember)
    • GPU - Nvidia low end (dont remember)
    • RAM - Transcend 2X2GB
    • Monitor - Some dell Monitor, Its a good monitor 24 inches. Planning to keep it.
    • PSU - Local
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Some dell Monitor, Its a good monitor 24 inches.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU
    • Mobo
    • RAM
    • PSU
    • SSD
    • DVD drive( or should i use the older one)
    • Graphics card
    • Cabinet( should be nice looking(black) planning to put it on counter of his studio)
    • keyboard and mouse.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No upgrade in coming 3 years at least.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Image Editing.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Not in particular, but after sales services should be good, in case they are requires.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Most probably None.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Image editing at 1080p, may be in an year or to resolution may be increased.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10.
I am planning to build this CPU and gift it to my frnd.
Thank and best regards,
Amit.

Last edited:
Budget -36K

CPU -AMD Ryzen 3 2200G APU-8k
MB -MSI B450M PRO VDH V2-7k
RAM -CORSAIR 8GB DDR4 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16-5k
SSD -Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD -5k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 450w -5k
Cabinet -Antec P8 ATX Cabinet -5k
Logitech MK200 -1k
Total -36K

Should i go for ryzen 5 instead of 3 if i increase budget.
I am inclining towards ryzen 5 2600 as this would help in lightroom performance in exporting edited RAW images to JPEG etc.
Also please suggest from where to buy power supply.
Budget is not strict, Just want to build a sytem which would last some time.
Thanks and regards,
Amit.

Last edited:
You would then need to get a dedicated GPU.
Ya will add a low end gpu also. But will it be worth it( ryzen 5 2600 ) or then i5 starts commimg into picture at that budget. That is what i am wondering. Also still not able to find decent psu. I am using seasonic m2 520 watts. Sumthing like that i was looking.

Ya will add a low end gpu also. But will it be worth it( ryzen 5 2600 ) or then i5 starts commimg into picture at that budget. That is what i am wondering. Also still not able to find decent psu. I am using seasonic m2 520 watts. Sumthing like that i was looking.

Low end GPU ? GT1030 costs like 6K+ and performs similar to iGPU of Ryzen 5 2400G. At that level, you need to consider if gains are worth after spending 10K extra (Ryzen 5 2400G at 12K vs Ryzen 5 2600 + GT1030 at about 22k or more).

Seasonic is good PSU and you have more than enough capacity for you without GPU. M series is modular one so I wonder what are you looking at ?

You are already good with PSU you only need to decide on cpu/mobo/ram and gpu. If you go with suggested setups or even 2600 ryzen you better off with a 1060 or 1660.[DOUBLEPOST=1551786647][/DOUBLEPOST]For GPU have look at this thread. You should consider the cards here all under good warranty and cheaper than online. You can negotiate further.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for their inputs.
Sorry for not being clear, i was trying to say I myself is using this seasonic PSU i had bought this in 2017 end. It is still working good. I want to buy a good psu like this.

Thanks everybody for their inputs.
Sorry for not being clear, i was trying to say I myself is using this seasonic PSU i had bought this in 2017 end. It is still working good. I want to buy a good psu like this.

No need to sorry! I went through first post again. Fitting all the stuff in 25K is definitely challenge. In that budget you could fit CPU, mobo and RAM with may be some spare amount to spend.

Processor:- Ryzen 5 2600( this i have in mind)
Mobo :- B450 chipset( Msi or gigabyte)
Ram:- 8 gigs Corsair 3000 mhz as suggested above.
SSD:- Samsung evo 860 250 gb.
GPU:- 1060 bought from fellow member.
PSU:- I am lost here! Please suggest a good one, Antec VP650P V2 650w or Corsair CX series CX600 600W. bothe are available in the range of 4800.
Cabinet:- Antec P8 ATX Cabinet

Budget is not 25k fixed can be extended to arround 40~45k.

I think you can either check for Seasonic PSU offline or go with above suggested Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro series. From what I have read, OEM/supplier/partner for this series is SeaSonic.

Performance of m2 nvme will be far better & faster than SATA ssd

Thats akin to telling that a V8/V12 will perform better than a V6, but if wheels are crap, its pointless. I would suggest NVME only for HEDT setups or where their potential will be fully used.

Usually, a SATA SSD retails for much cheaper than a NVME one, plus its more future proof for current gen because not currently everything has NVME.

Bought all the following components, thanks everybody for their valuable inputs.
ryzen 5 2600 ₹16,290
8gb 3000 mhz(corsair) ₹4,485
gigabyte aorus B450 elite ₹9,912
1060 6 gb(from fellow member)
Antec earth watts 550 pro gold ₹5,900
Samsung 970 evo 256gb m.2 Nvme ₹7,290.00
Antec p8 cabinet. ₹5,800.00
Parts will be delivered at around 13th.
Will update after the build.

Regards,
Amit.

Last edited:
Update:-
Received all components except graphics card(currently in transit)
IMG_20190312_175231.jpg

Back