Storage Solutions Suggestions needed for a 120/128GB SSD

2kool2btrue

Disciple
Hello everyone!

I'm looking forward to buying a 120/128GB SSD to add to my notebook via a caddy bay. My budget is around 7.5k (lesser the better).

Please suggest what I should buy?

From the prices I see at primeabgb, I have the following options -
1. Corsair 128GB Force GS
2. Samsung 840 120 GB
3. Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
4. Plextor 128GB M5S.

What should I buy out of the above? If there is any other option then please let me know.

How much did you get the evo for? I bought it for $90 from amazon on saturday or so. It was $85 a day earlier.

How much did you get the evo for? I bought it for $90 from amazon on saturday or so. It was $85 a day earlier.
That's great! What about shipping and everything? I got it for 6.8k. Wouldn't you have to pay around $14 as import duty/customs? still makes it at $104.
PS - I'm assuming you live in India. :p

Last edited:
Sorry I should have been more specific. A friend is coming over in 2 weeks - he's bringing it. I live in new bombay.

i'm actually surprised at the price prime is selling at. Didn't bother checking and if i'd known I woulda bought from them.

i'm actually surprised at the price prime is selling at. Didn't bother checking and if i'd known I woulda bought from them.
I know.. I enquired in Nehru place here and no one would quote south of 7000 rs.. So I am pretty much content with getting it at that price.. :)

Back