Suggestions needed for Acer TimelineX 4820TG

Hey Guys

I've to buy a new laptop and have the Acer TimelineX 4820TG in mind (Earlier was thinking about Asus bamboo U43JC but the indian model has i3 instead of i5 and is also around 7-8k more expensive than acer). My main need from the laptop being good performance with excellent battery life. I don't plan on doing any gaming but the processing power should be good enough for my heavy duty programming and rest of the components should be easily upgradable enough so that I can use this laptop for atleast around 3 years from now.

Can anyone please let me know about the following things about Acer in general and this model in particular:
1. Acer customer service. How good/prompt it is?
2. Build quality?
3. Does acer have any extended warranty schemes? If yes, then how much? And can we add accidental damage protection for some money?

Looking forward to it :)

Had read a couple of reviews like this review that mentioned the thin structure of the chassis leads to quite a bit of flex.

Were you able to find anything about extended warranty?

^^ Yes, flex is there..especially in the lid but when I compared it to the other laptops of similar size, all of them had the same amount of bending/flexing..except the Asus bamboo (but it wasn't for sale.was a friend's..otherwise would hv gone for that)..and to some extent the macbooks..

Extended warranty from Acer costs around 7k for extra 2 years (thats what 2 shop keepers told me and 3rd said its 5k)..but anyways, they didn't have any accidental damage protection, so finally went for croma extended warranty instead for around 2.5k

congrats:hap2:
Let us know about the kind of battery life you are getting under normal usage as well as gaming.

^^ 5 hrs of battery life under normal usage conditions and settings is very good and also much better than the other laptops in this range.

^^yeah.. yesterday i did a test of enabling power saver mode, dimming the screen quite a bit and then doing normal browsing and word processing etc (no downloads)..wi-fi was still at poor signal though (my room has lots of walls between router and me).. It went upto around 5.5 hours with around 20% battery remaining when I finally decided to sleep..

I m also planning to the same lappy...
Do they provide tata photon connection with the lappy...?
One more question, is acer 5740 better than this lappy...?
What price can i get this lappy in delhi(any discounts offered

^^

I didn't get any connection, neither was there any offer for the same..

5740 is 15 incher, heavier and much less battery time..

no idea about prices in delhi..i got it in hyderabad and this was the best price anywhere..everywhere, except croma, lowest price i got was 48k..

How is your laptop performing now?? You should post a long term review now.. what about its construction? any problem due to its thin lid?? what about keyboard? i have read in others forums about various problems like when you update various drivers, its doesnt work as good. there are wifi problems etc.

By the way, is there a express card slot in it?

Back