Suggestions needed for buying a laptop. Budget : around 35k

Hi everyone,

I need your help in choosing a laptop for around 35k. I will be using Visual Studio 2010 Express, Adobe development suite applications, and for watching movies.

I have Dell Inspiron 14R in mind. Suggestions needed if there are any other laptops available at this range.

Thanks.

You can also look for Acer 5745 which comes with core i5 and is near to your price point. As you are planning to use resource hungry apps i5 is more preferable !!

If branding doesn't matter you, check out Lenovo models, they are really VFM !! But yes, DELL ASS beats every1 else !!

Skip Lenovo on account of Horrible service .. Get ACER

but if you cant make up ur mind go for a DELL 14R .. not much thought here.

thanks for the suggestions. I have decided to extend my budget to 40k range. I'm looking to get Sony VAIO VPCEA23EN (White). How are VAIO laptops? they have a sleek design, but there aren't many reviews out there on VAIO E series.

Sony vaio EA23 looks awesome and comes in very nice slim and light package :eek:hyeah: but the specs: i3-350m+Ati 5145(performance similar to Ati 5470)+3gb ram+320 gb hard disk arent great as you can get much better specs like i5+Nvidia Gt 330m+4gb ram in acer 5745G at the same price of 43k :clap:

But Acer 5745G is a 15 inch laptop wheras EA23 is a 14 incher,so if you want good performance in a very good looking laptop with 14 inch size factor you can go for vaio whose specs are enough for your usage conditions but if you can consider 15 inch laptops then acer 5745G is a good value at its price. The third option is to customize a dell inspiron 14R according to your requirements.So, it all depends on what you want from your laptop-looks/portabilty/performace:)

i am using sony VPCEB24EN/BI .. nice one, purchased 2 weeks ago, even though its has no glossy finish... but it looks good and works great. it has matt finish,

actually i want to buy dell.. but its delivery take minimum a month.

i suggest you to shortlist your requirements.. and buy accordingly ...

all the best..

Vaio is all style with moderate performance .. Get the ACER at 43K with the i5 proccy.

If you can compromise on the performance then get the Vaio or else stick to DELL

I have decided to get the VAIO EA23. I know the Acer 5745G is a good option but I can't travel around with a 15" laptop, i think even the 14" EA23 with 2.35kg is more than enough to carry around. Btw I'm confused, whether to get the White one or the Blue one! :(

j1n M@tt said:
I have decided to get the VAIO EA23. I know the Acer 5745G is a good option but I can't travel around with a 15" laptop, i think even the 14" EA23 with 2.35kg is more than enough to carry around. Btw I'm confused, whether to get the White one or the Blue one! :(
color choice is a very personal decision and can vary a lot from one person to another, my choice for vaio EA will be white as it looks absolutely the best in white :) whereas that bright blue looks tacky to me:p but at last its your choice and preference that matters the most in this decision.

good luck with u r choice. VAIO it's the popular brand.

i think get the white one.. cause white glossy will not catch dirt easily..and it will look stunin'

in the end, is u r call & u r perspective of things..

Thanks for your support guys. I have placed an order for EA23 White :) The White model was out of stock at the Sony showroom here at my place, so will have to wait until tomorrow evening. Can't wait to get hands on it! :)

hi everyone,

Finally I got my VAIO EA23. It's great! White one is sleeker than I expected. Far better than the Dell Inspiron 14R in looks and feel, which I had initially in my mine.

Back