Suggestions needed for dev comp

random2

Adept
Hi all,

Need specs and rates for a comp for my friend. I would prefer a AMD based one unless they are making really crappy processors nowadays. I have a 555 based one which I really like.

rough idea is -

4gb ram (think 8 would be overkill)

500gb HDD

Would like to get suggestions for -

Processor - which one exactly? guess 3+ghz dual/tri/quad will do as long as it supports virtualization.

Motherboard - A decent one with onboard video

PSU - something like Corsair CX series? (Have no idea about the recent developments)

• Q: What is your budget?
    • 30-35K lesser the better
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None, a new comp
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • None, a new comp
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Entire Cabinet and Monitor
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Not for a couple of years.
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • [font="arial, sans-serif"]Bangalore and/or if flipkart is carrying any good deals[/font]
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • [font="arial, sans-serif"]Dev work, Java + couple of virtual machines[/font]
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • [font="arial, sans-serif"]Would prefer AMD based comp[/font]
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • [font="arial, sans-serif"]No[/font]
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Desktop - 1920x1080
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • [font="arial, sans-serif"]Might unlock cores if possible. But this is not a must[/font]
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • [font="arial, sans-serif"]Ubuntu/Centos 64bit[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif"]Thanks in advance[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]CPU-Intel i5 2400-11k[/font][You won't be able to oc this proccy but it's better than amds proccesor lineup-http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/146?vs=288]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]MOBO-Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6K

RAM-Corsair xms3 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.6k OR Gskill ripjawsX 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.6k

HDD-500GB seagate barracuda 7200rpm-4.5k

PSU-Seasonic s12ii 430w-2.6k

Case-NZXT gamma-2.1k[/font]

Monitor-Dell ST2220-8.3k

UPS-APC 650VA-2.9K

DVD-RW-Samsung dvd r-w-1k

Hope this helps
<

Back