Super Darkest Lunar Eclipse of the Century -2011[Pictures]

Stuge

Photo Connoisseur
Disciple
We went around 100 km south west of Delhi(place called sarkas ) .It was all cloudy and gloomy at the start of the eclipse ,but after an hour or so the sky got cleared and we got to see and capture the whole eclipse. Just mind blowing life time experience. :).Have a Nice day :

Darkest Lunar Eclipse

5839819779_cefa9838b7_z.jpg

Super Darkest Lunar Eclipse 2011 with Milky Way
5838669024_7f746eb16b_z.jpg

Abhinav Singhai Photography's Photos - Super Darkest Lunar Eclipse 2011-India | Facebook

Darkest Lunar Eclipse -2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Crazy_Eddy said:
Nice! Post more details like cam + lens + exp time blah blah :p
First Picture is composite of many exposures from 1/200 -2sec's at different ISO 200-1600

second one was taken @ f1.8 50mm ,3200iso 15sec

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Night Under Stars and Eclipse

5847594188_c02352687b_z.jpg

awesome pics. i tried with a point and shoot and all it could do was get a small round white spot the size of a coin in the centre. i gave up and watched it disappear half way into the shadows in a red glow and then the rains started. and i swear the sky was fairly clear till just a few minutes before the clouds overran the spectacle.

what makes this even more hell of a job was that the moon was moving rapidly in the sky while taking the pic. kudos guys!!

Stuge said:
First Picture is composite of many exposures from 1/200 -2sec's at different ISO 200-1600

second one was taken @ f1.8 50mm ,3200iso 15sec

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Night Under Stars and Eclipse

5847594188_c02352687b_z.jpg
Can you please tell me, how to capture those stars so damn clearly in night? I am not able to get them so clear. Is it effect of longer shutter speed?

AND another very pertinent fact

We went around 100 km south west of Delhi(place called sarkas )

Not much surrounding ambient light there to mess with things i imagine unlike in a major city.

Otherwise it would not be possible no matter how long the exposure.

blr_p said:
AND another very pertinent fact

Not much surrounding ambient light there to mess with things i imagine unlike in a major city.

Otherwise it would not be possible no matter how long the exposure.

yes ,to shoot stars one needs to move as far as possible from light pollution .

@darshan :thanks

WOW ! so awesome pictures :hap5:

Please update the OP with sheet of paper written your name & date :bleh:

Back