Swachh Bharat Abhiyan a big Fail?

A good initiative, really needed for india losing steam . sadly the swatch Bharat program needs too be kept on in spirit and action for the next many many years. Hope this doesn't become another marketing gimmick for the government

Its all temporary political show off stunt and which goes merely for few days or months if lucky.
Swachh bharat means whole of india incl not just historic heritages or monuments but every corner of city and village, public transport, offices, schools etc. in short everything. Unfortunately i dont see my city clean, nor public offices, public transport, stations, stands, not even my village. I visited 15 different regions in past year and found everything as is no cleanliness at all.
Well the abhiyan was long lost in banyan of garbage. Current govt will only say we have introduced this and that but how much of that is actually in practical practice?? Just in books or calendar celebrations that's it!

Guys you got it all wrong, it was to clean all the black money from India and rest from the banks - Give it to Lalit Modi, Mallya, Nirav Modi and other people close to this government. Clean India - that is what Modi ji wanted. :D

Really? The maximum chors happened to be under this govt who despite DeMo easily looted banks and safely sheltered abroad.
If this incidents happened under nose that too with Demo, the initiative itself is a big failure as corruption is india will never get controlled and instead will grow only upwards. If they say banks have lot of stocked money compared to last decade then there are modis and mallyas to loot banks pretty easily infact they did it cleanly.
Now what you gonna do for this? What other shit money lockout policy will come in play? Or once again play with the common man.

Not wanting to be outspoken, i guess it is on to us to pick up the batton and run the country. I don't see young leadership as opposed to other countries. We should have a rule like in US where Politics is no more a dynasty. BJP talks about Gandhi family, aren't there other parties where the post is passed on to Son or Daughter or someone in the family. Pass a law where you cant hold a political post for more than 2 terms, that will give chance to newer blood.

We know about Technology and so many other things that can bring a change. I know the system and the babuism is there in our country but if we will push them,sooner or later either they will change or give up. Guys, i believe we all can make a huge change.

We are mostly stuck with old age persons as pms and cms or mantris. We need young guns but peoples mentality is like will electing young person will be able to run this country?? Hence they will always cast votes to some old looking person even if he is just 12th pass, 10th fail, ex chaiwala, bhangi or next door raddiwala.
It's their perspective as it's going on since ages now.
Young revolution is simply a dream. A young person is required from a non-political background but even if he gets elected the already dirty people around will as well make him dirty too. As he will be jumping inside a box of mangoes already rotten.
Given this real and practical situation in country young guns prefer saving their careers and opt for corporate jobs, settle abroad, some high churning govt job, or biz.
Moreover their parents and families also dont push them or convince for joining politics coz when we think of politics what comes to mind is corruption, jail, murder etc etc. So no parent ever wants his child into this shit.
These are the political perspective angles here. So somebody under 45 age from a common mans background appointed on position of president, cm, pm etc will remain a dream only. And even if it ever happens, he or she coming out clean will be a real challenge for him.

Did some concrete actions like creating and maintaining garbage processing plants, improving the collection system, recycling etc also happen as part of this program? I've not really read up on what the abhiyan is really about, all I've seen are photo ops of politicians sweeping the streets.

Cleanliness is not about picking up what is already thrown. It is about not throwing in the first place. All people who are complaining that the swachch bharat abhiyaan is a failure, it is due to us, who dont stop throwing garbage on the street or nullahs.

I am not claiming it has failed. But the program is called clean india program and primary focus is on clean up. You can check their site or wiki page.

If "Clean My country" program is a failure, its our collective failure. Govt certainly hasnt scored well when it comes to setting up infra for garbage collection and processing/recycling and we as citizens havent done any better in ensuring that not just our homes but our communities and areas outside or communities stay clean.

Damn sure many pvt. and govt. contractors earned big money out of all this, many would've already millionaires. Even opposition will keep it silent as their own guys might have profited from the scam.
The country should give more power to the states, with enough central monitoring and regulatory mechanisms. That can only take this forward.

So no parent ever wants his child into this shit.
Then only those whose family is in the business will join. I don't necessarily have a problem with dynasty. What is the problem ? What you don't want is just one party there all the time without alternatives

Looking at how politics has developed over the last twenty years its been booming with all sorts of people jumping in. Look at the social mobility, is there any restriction to what class you need to be to join anymore. no.

Back