Swiggy restaurant charges 45 rs for packaging, but forgets to add it

For missing/wrong items, I had no issues getting support from Swiggy when I complain in a short while after the delivery guy leaves. They either have the missing item delivered free or refund the amount for the item. However its been a while since either of things happened to me. So, not sure how they are handling it these days.

Also, its better to call them up than using the chat.

Btw I still don't understand why Dominos is listed on Swiggy and Zomato. I used to order often from Dominos using Zomato, but one day the order was 1.5 hours late and it wasn't independence day or any such special day, no rains also, but I was unaware that would happen, when I contacted Zomato about Dominos's 30 mins guarantee, they told me "Dominos delivery guarantee is not valid when you order from Zomato". And in the case of Swiggy, I saw that you still need to place a 300 Rs min amount to order from Dominos, and still Swiggy agents don't deliver your pizzas from dominos, it's dominos own delivery guys that deliver your order even when you order through Swiggy.

lmao why the hell is this on TE? Complain to Swiggy. They refund for stuff like this in minutes..

Anything that is done online or digitally is related to techenclave. I could say the same thing on numerous political. religious or medical posts or topics that are created here.

Over that when I contacted Swiggy call centre, they said "We are sorry for the inconvenience but we cannot offer you any refunds.

Which part of the above post did you not understand?

Last edited:
This is the reason i dont order via swiggy unless the restaurant is located far away.
I remember placing an order for dinner stuff and was charged 140 extra with many charges. I didnt place the order & walked to that restaurant which was just a km and got some desserts in those saved 140bucks! Paisa vasooolll!:p:)

I had a similar issue when ordering from Dunkin Donuts. They charge you for bags if you buy from their stores. But when I ordered from Swiggy, they sent the box but no bag. When I called Swiggy, they asked me to send a photo and I had to ask - How can I send you a pic of a missing item? It was a hilarious discussion.

That said, the issue has to do with both Swiggy and restaurants. Swiggy charges both ways. They have delivery charges and also takes a cut of every order placed through the app. This cut can go as high as 30% of the order. So, restaurants in a bid to keep themselves afloat charge money for packaging.

Some restaurants go the other way and bump up food prices. I have seen many places serving cheap Chinese food now costing a bomb. Some restaurants have refused to play the game. There are places in Bangalore like Meghana Biryani, Corner House where Swiggy charges flat 50 rs in delivery.

Then there are cases of prices in-app being way higher than in restaurants. This again has to do with Swiggy trying to justify it's unicorn status.

Frankly, while Swiggy has been a boon for restaurants I don't believe it is going to be net positive in long term.

Btw I still don't understand why Dominos is listed on Swiggy and Zomato. I used to order often from Dominos using Zomato, but one day the order was 1.5 hours late and it wasn't independence day or any such special day, no rains also, but I was unaware that would happen, when I contacted Zomato about Dominos's 30 mins guarantee, they told me "Dominos delivery guarantee is not valid when you order from Zomato". And in the case of Swiggy, I saw that you still need to place a 300 Rs min amount to order from Dominos, and still Swiggy agents don't deliver your pizzas from dominos, it's dominos own delivery guys that deliver your order even when you order through Swiggy.
Believe me ordering from dominos via zomato is best.
Dominos handle their own delivery and are just partnered with zomato for taking orders.
For two months zomato had 50% off(capped at Rs150) on five orders per ID and it even applied to dominos.
You could literally order their cheapest 4 single veggie pizza for just Rs140.

If your order was delivered at 90min then you should have told that to the delivery guy and he would have talked to his manager and would have deducted Rs350 off your order.

1. The goal of any business is maximizing profits and creating value for their investors. Not for customers, not for business partners and not for their employees.
2. Nobody is forcing restaurants to tie up with Swiggy. Neither you as a customer, the restaurant nor swiggy are doing any body else a favor. Ordering is not a favor, Tying up and getting listed on switggy is not a favor, pick up and delivery service is not a favor.
3. I don't see any reason why Swiggy should not charge a commission from restaurants. They are not providing a service to just the customers, they are proving service to the restaurants as well by helping them expand their reach. For example, they setup dedicated delivery guys near restaurants that have potential to get high volume of business. They deliver from curry points, ice cream parlors, sweets stops and the like which are never going to have a delivery service.
4. As part of running the business, there are things that swiggy is responsible for and things they are not responsible for. The same goes for the restaurants. Neither entity is responsible for policing the other. If a restaurant tries to over charge or charge you for services not rendered, then it is between you and the restaurants and swiggy can only mediate to a limited extent. If there is an issue with the delivery part, it is between you and swiggy and the restaurant does not have any responsibility.

^ I agree with you for the most part. It is a business and everyone should be held liable for their choices.

But, as someone who has talked to people about their choices to join Swiggy etc there are lot of people who feel undone by it. Many people who run restaurants are not educated enough to be aware of the tricks Swiggy employs. This situation will sooner or later end up like Cab aggregators vs drivers.

There was a blog by an insider about how Swiggy is going about it's business:
https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...claims-it-cheats-restaurants-co-refutes-65775

And the last point, as platform every issue lies with Swiggy - especially services rendered part. Because what you are saying sounds like Ebay shouldn't be held liable for missed delivery (hint: they are) or Uber/Ola shouldn't be held liable for drivers starting rides without the customer (hint: they are liable and they started the OTP program to avoid it). So, Swiggy needs to buck up it's game because it is going to get harder from here.

Believe me ordering from dominos via zomato is best.
Dominos handle their own delivery and are just partnered with zomato for taking orders.
For two months zomato had 50% off(capped at Rs150) on five orders per ID and it even applied to dominos.
You could literally order their cheapest 4 single veggie pizza for just Rs140.

If your order was delivered at 90min then you should have told that to the delivery guy and he would have talked to his manager and would have deducted Rs350 off your order.
90mins !! i won't order a pizza if the delivery times is listed half as long. Gets cold and doesn't taste as good. The delivery guys here don't have insulator bags like abroad which would keep food warmer for longer

Delivery times are mentioned in swiggy and i've found them to be quite reliable

90mins !! i won't order a pizza if the delivery times is listed half as long. Gets cold and doesn't taste as good. The delivery guys here don't have insulator bags like abroad which would keep food warmer for longer

Delivery times are mentioned in swiggy and i've found them to be quite reliable
His order was late and dominos would have definitely honoured it, i'm speaking from experience it has happened with me in past.

They would have refunded to your card but since you paid via zomato they would have given you promo code of equivalent amount.
You just have to talk to their manager, it is a company policy.
Well the pizza hut in my area doesn't even honor 30 mins guarantee in cash orders placed on phone multiple times. They have terms and conditions apply listed everywhere. They like to make a fool out of people like us

UberEats is going in hard.
They are offering 50% on first 5 orders without any discount limit but their delivery time is very bad.
Lol Swiggy is also offering 50% happy hours discount(4 PM-6PM for Delhi), but they have made a backend code so that the discount never works when you actually place an order. Maybe it works on some restaurants but today while placing an order, I wasn't getting any discount even though it was written 50% discount offer on all items on the restaurant page. And when customers complain, they will give the usual "We are sorry for the inconvenience" crap. If you think it will work for you on Swiggy(Not talking about UberEats), then goodluck

Last edited:
You can try switching to zomato.Unlike uber eats and swiggy zomato gets most of the things right.
Their delivery charge is also less compared to competition and I haven't seen any extra cost for packaging and stuff.
The rates are also similar to the ones that you will find in the restaurant menu card.

Plus you get offers daily basis like 50% off (upto Rs.100) etc

A mistake Swiggy delivery boys often do is they mark the order 'delivered' before actually coming to your doorstep or ringing the bell few moments later like it happened today with me. I think it's a mistake that shouldn't be tolerated, and when I iimmediately complain about it to Swiggy customer care chat, the delivery boys come at your doorstep with your order with an arrogant attitude saying why I called Swiggy customer care. I don't think that is the way to treat a customer, if it was the hospitality industry, then the employee would be straightaway fired from the job

Last edited:
Back