Sygic Maps for Android 1+1 licence offer @Rs.700 each

I can buy if anyone else is interested. Will share the key after purchasing, if someone pays me 700/-. PM me if anyone is interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it works only with tom tom maps. I prefer the MapmyIndia maps for India.

Oops sorry for the delayed reply. thilak.kmb
Bought already or still waiting??

This is an old link, but according to this, Sygic uses mapmyindia's maps.

Review: Sygic Mobile Maps India a Turn by Turn Navigation App for iPhone

Even the link on Mapmyindia site redirects to Sygic on Play store >> Aura: 3D maps and voice guided GPS navigation app for your mobile phone from MapmyIndia

But its not showing *one license free* thing. If it indeed is mapmyIndia, I'll get it for sure.

Google Navigation is free and I found it to be accurate so far. Is there any advantage of this over the Google Navigation.

P.S. Pardon the silly query, I have never used any paid maps so far.

^^
Sygic works offline.
No need of active data connection for navigation.
Maps are pre downloaded and are updated from time time to time.

Google maps for android does offer offline feature, although can store only limited area data offline. There is open source maps app 'osmand' available for android.
You can download offline maps from inside the app. It was slow compared to google maps though.

Google maps for android does offer offline feature, although can store only limited area data offline. There is open source maps app 'osmand' available for android.
You can download offline maps from inside the app. It was slow compared to google maps though.
That's the whole point, Sygic is a full fledged "navigator" app with offline maps.
Google offline maps can be saved manually, but Google Navigation won't work offline.
Also Google takes long gap between map tiles updates.

This link does right? Sygic | Sygic GPS Navigation Offline for Android

You mean to say there are two different versions of it?
Yupp two versions.

The one I need is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLnN5Z2ljLmF1cmFfbW1pIl0.
It specifically says MapMyIndia Maps and there is no mention of the Christmas offer.

The other one is generic map for most of the countries (tomtom). https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sygic.aura

TomTom maps aren't as accurate as MapmyIndia maps are. Have tried both quite extensively and currently I am using the *coughed up* version of the app I want and wanted to support the developers by purchasing it. But without that 1 free licence, I feel that the price is too much.

I called Mapmyindia customer care, they did confirm that Sygic uses mapmyindia maps, but for the clarification about the 1+1 offer, they asked me to contact Sygic.
I'll shoot a mail to them, let's see.

The link 2 you posted is the Common Sygic Navigation app for all maps, Link 2 is specific to India, with the base sygic app and maps from India right.

I almost bought this app today without being aware that this offer is for the TomTom based maps.
But what I want to know is that how good/bad are the TomTom based maps compared to MapMyIndia maps? And is it worth paying Rs. 700 for it.

If yes, then I would pay for the extra license if someone else buys.

Reply from Sygic

Hello Sriharsha,
Thank you for contacting Sygic.
My name is Lukas, your support representative, and I will be handling your request from now on. I will do my best to help you with your request.
Our offer works only for licenses purchased from our own e-shop.
The extra license is for the same map package you purchase.
You can either redeem the 100% discount code yourself and then gift someone the product code, or you can gift them directly the discount code so they can redeem it themselves.
Please note that the discount code will be valid only until 31st January 2013

The maps we use are from MapMyIndia.
Hopefully I've answered your question to your satisfaction.
Best regards,
Lukas
Sygic Customer Support

Does that mean it is applicable for mapmyindia maps? anyone who is alone I am willing to buy one license...

Has anyone bought it till now?

Back