Laptops Table Pc/ Slate Pc..phew

sikvik

Disciple
What make is available for a 9yr old (my daughter). I'd like inputs on the lower end models for obvious reasons.She basically needs to draw(with a stylus)

Thanx in advance

Vikram

Theres no such thing as a low end tablet PC :p

They will start from like 65k + so i dont think u want to give anything like that to a 9 yr old..no matter how careful the kid is :)

Your best bet is iBall – Your eyeball view. Our technology new. for like 10k its not bad at all. U can always transfer the images to a comp later. IMO this is your best best....and shud be real cheap compared to givin a lappie to a 9yr old :D

Also, possible is iBall – Your eyeball view. Our technology new. but i dont think you want this as it will require a separate interface to a comp. Its basically a high tech mouse types ;)

So the note taking tablet thingy is what you need :)

Thanks a lot techie. For drawing can one choose diff colours. Also does the Digi pad just act as a sensor, in the sense that one only views work on the paper and then save it on a Pc. I know my daughter is expecting something like a live screen and stylus thingy :huh: Thats going to be big moolah.

Do you think wacom tablet will help ?

Its the best but I am not sure if your daughter can learn how to use it. When I got mine .. it took a week to get adjusted. Unless you want those Cintiq series where its live on screen .. but cost goes almost 30k :)

These days kids are very fast learner anyway. Give her the best tool, she will appreciate forever !

sikvik said:
Thanks a lot techie. For drawing can one choose diff colours. Also does the Digi pad just act as a sensor, in the sense that one only views work on the paper and then save it on a Pc. I know my daughter is expecting something like a live screen and stylus thingy :huh: Thats going to be big moolah.

Here are the specs from the website. I suggest you go and see it in the shop. From what i saw, u can either use it with paper and it will save all in memory to transfer to comp later AND it also gives u the funtionality to connect through USB and use as a live drawing tool...but fore that it has to be connected so u can see your drawing on the screen. Go and ask for a live demo na..best option :D

IMO, this is ur best bet and that too only 10k....of course u can always go for the 65k+ proper lappies...but then u can spend as much as u like....u double it n u ll probably find something even better :p

Its like a computer config. U can get a basic one for net use for like 20k..but depending on how much u wanna spend u can keep adding components for more than 1.5L :p same applies here i guess...just take her with u n go see the demo.

iBall Take Note A414 is a stand-alone device with storage capability that digitally captures and stores everything you write or draw with ink on ordinary paper, without the use of computer and special paper. Then you can easily view, edit, organize and share your handwritten notes in Windows. When connected to a PC, iBall Take Note A414 offers an on-line writing function which can instantly synchronize your writing on the paper with the digital page in its software in Windows. It also is a USB tablet device in Windows.

Features: Write/draw/sketch on normal paper with pen

: Use it anywhere to capture your notes/drawings

: Additional Plug-n-play pen tablet functionality

: New Online Writing Function. You can write on paper and see the same simultaneously on computer screen.

:

As natural as it can get: Take Note feels as natural as writing on ordinary paper with pen. You also have the advantage of immediately getting both a digital record and a hard copy duplicate of your handwritten notes even when you are on the move

Carry it anywhere: Take Note is very easy to operate and ultra-portable too. It comes with an ultra-thin & light digital pen with a regular and replaceable ink cartridge. The pen ink cartridge & paper pad are easily available in every stationery shop

Unique and useful: It captures digitally everything you write on regular paper. No special paper is needed. iBall Take note has a storage capacity of 32 MB and can store more than 100 A4-size pages of completely full handwritten notes

Efficient and flexible: Take Note’s software lets you organize your digital pages in Windows. You can do highlighting, annotating (select, copy, move, erase etc.), typing, viewing, changing color and drawing functions

Pen tablet function: It can be used as a regular pen tablet when connected to a PC, allowing to command your PC and freehand input.

Portfolio: An extremely useful and easy to carry portfolio is included free with iBall Take Note

Digital pad size: 336mm (length) x 245mm (width)

Digital pad thickness: 12mm

Digital pad weight: Approx. 615g (excl. batteries)

Writing area: 210mm x 279mm

Writing thickness: 14mm Max.

Notepad holder: 210mm x 300mm

Built-in memory: 32MB

Memory slot: Secure Digital ( SD ) memory card slot

Digital pad power source: Alkaline battery AAA 1.5V x 4

Digital pad battery life: About 80 hours continuous use

Interface: USB 1.1

No. of pens bundled: 1 pc ( Blue )

No. of refills bundled: 2 pcs ( Blue ), 1 pc (Plastic tip refill for Pen Tablet functionality)

Digital pen size: 134mm x 11.3mm (diameter)

Digital pen weight: 13.8g (incl. battery)

Digital pen power source: One 1.55V button cell battery

Digital pen battery life: Approx. 14 months

Ink refill size: 67mm x 2.3mm

Digital page file formats: DHW; DND

OS Supported: Windows 2000 / XP

System requirements: Pentium III or equivalent or higher CPU, 128MB or higher (recommended) memory, 1 free USB port, CD-ROM drive, 32MB free space

Bundled softwares: iBall Take Note Manager Software, MyScript Notes 2.0 Hand Recognition Software

Bundled accessories: 4 x AAA 1.5V Alkaline battery, 1 x Button Cell 1.55V, USB Cable

Package contents: Take Note A414, One blue digital pen, Accessories, Software CDs, User Guide

MRP: Rs.11400-TakeNote/Rs.13890-TakeNote W Full MyScipt

Warranty: 1 Year

pcstore & techie thnx for the inputs.The brat has her eyes set on something like this Electrovaya - Scribbler SC 2000 CLN... Ouch... Im gonna try and wangle my way out of this, try to convience her on the lines of the Iball.Unfortunately Wacom needs to be hooked real time to a lappy ( (which she already owns!!!) and prob also an electrical outlet. Is there any thing resonably priced in line with the electrovaya. There higher end sc 3000 has got even me drooling.

err....DUDE!!!!!!!!!!
Have you looked at those prices? :rofl:

Rather than get something like that from a company with virtually no support (ok..kill the virtually :p ) in India, simply get an actual tablet PC then if your willing to sped that much. HP has some good models available. A friend bought one recently with a similar 12" screen for like 75k from a local HP dealer only :eek:hyeah: ..check those out then.

P.S. Somehow i really envy that kid!!!! Theres a lucky 9 yr old :S

You might want to rethink getting the TX series from HP. Unlike most tablets, this doesn't use the wacom touchscreen. It's just a passive touchscreen like the ones you get on Pocket PCs. Keep in mind that you will have to use considerable pressure on the screen to use it.

Not exactly the ideal option if you have creative ambitions. On the other hand this tablet is available for as little as 55k. It's a great buy in that it comes with everything you could ever possibly need. Be prepared for maximum worktimes of only 1.5 hours with he 4-cell battery that comes with the 55k model (TX 1003AU).

Bosky Satan thanks.My daughter saw this kinda gizzmo on some godforsaken movie. Any way the deed is done ordered it, will get it on Monday. As for the "creative ambitions" Satan, can't say she's only 9yrs old.

Nothing can beat an Wacom tablet based touch screen. There is another Japanese brand .. cant recall the brand name .. good as well ..

Well ... its done .. so good luck to you and good wishes for your daughter. You may introduce her to TE .. so that she will know what a gaming PC looks like ;) bigger hole in your pocket !

Back