Tansfer of SIM ownership

pritam79

Disciple
Hi all,

I am an Aircel prepaid subscriber, but my SIM is registered in my relative's name. Please provide me some way to change the sim owner name without changing the number?

thanking all

You & your relative have to go to the aircel store along with noc from your relative along with documents like aadhaar, pan, and 2 pp sized photos. They will give a form to fill and will tell you how to proceed.

If this is not clear, call the customer care and ask them how to do it.

Not sure about now, but earlier if you port it you only have to show the docs of the destination.

You & your relative have to go to the aircel store along with noc from your relative along with documents like aadhaar, pan, and 2 pp sized photos. They will give a form to fill and will tell you how to proceed.

If this is not clear, call the customer care and ask them how to do it.

I found this on the net...

Changing the SIM owner name -

Method 1:

This is quite simple, you just have to use the Mobile Number Portability feature and obtain the porting code. Once you get that you will have to submit your Identity proof documents and Address proof documents to any of the telecom service provider by visiting their outlet or store I can say.

Your mobile number will be ported to that Telecom service provider within 5 to 7 days and the ownership will also be changed to the name whose Identity proof and address proof documents you have submitted. You can use this method if you are okay with changing your telecom operator. But if you don’t want to change your service provider then you can use the second method.

Method 2:

1. The first thing you have to do is collecting the Identity proof and address proof documents of both the parties. (ID and Address proof documents of both current owner and yours)

2. Now you will have to take photocopies of those documents. (one copy each)

3. Make your signature on them to make them self-attested, without your signature on them they are not considered as valid proofs.

4. Ask the current owner to write an NOC letter and take their signature.

5. Now visit Aircel Store along with the current owner of the mobile number.

6. Aircel officials will tell you the further procedure which you need to follow.

............ Is it possible through MNP as well?

porting works well.. i got couple of nos. (prepaid) which were on my mother's name, transferred to my name, as i wanted to retain the nos. docs required at receiver operator's end only.

Back