Tata Indicom woes

TechHead

ex-Mod
I've been using a Tata Indicom 256k unlimited prepaid connection for the last one year.
Apparently, they've been piggybacking on Hathway's :)@ ) network for the last one year in my area. They don't have a switch of their own here. Last Wed, the Hathway guys cut their wires and walked off. I've been shuttling from pillar to post with their idiot customer service, no sign of the problem getting resolved.

Their area engineer advised me to go for another ISP, and they will have their WiMax connections up and running here by April..switch back to Tata then. What should I do? Can I force them to set up a switch in my area?

Hmm you can take some help from deepakv from this forum, as he was facing a similar issue with these lame tata bastids. Tata call center is the worst, those assholes can never resolve a simple problem and just keep lying on the fone all the ****ing time. My local isp was 10x better than tata, before they took over my isp :/

That's the reason i have decided to try the reliance wi-max, atleast no more tata indicrap for me :p

Lol even my cablewalla has discontinued Tata as these guys are not paying my cablewalla the cut and tata customers those who have taken tata via my cablewalla are not paying him extra 150 per month , so he too is gonna disconnect tata.

I have already paid tata for another 6 months and have requested my cablewalla that i will pay him extra 900Rs for 6months and not to discontinue my connection , he's gonna cut others connection those who aint paying him extra.

This is pathetic service by tata.

My cousin sister staying in my bldg , tired of the regular cable downtimes and

slow speed issues got wimax today , i checked the pings are gr8 on it.

Waiting for Wimax from tata , so i too will be free from this constant n/w issues which not not fixed till date.

Broadband suxxxxxxxxx in India. :(

Try contacting the Nodal officer for mumbai re, 90% of my problem with the connection was solved by the Nodal officer in my city.

Tata%20Indicom_Techenclave.JPG

My nets been down since 3 days.

I wrote an email to the nodal officer and all i got was :

Dear Customer,
Thank you for brinking it to our notice. We will resolve the same at the earliest.

The downtimes are so frequent, its not even funny.

And everytime you call the customer service number, they give you the same shit "its been forwarded to our technical team on urgent basis and they will resolve it as soon as possible.

Ive called 6 times in 2 days and theyve given me the same goddamn answer.

Im thinking of trying Reliance WiMax but im worried about the problems that itll face during the monsoons.

Unfortunately im running an ERP system in my organisation and even a minute of downtime delays EVERYTHING and create huge backlogs. I wish there was some better provider in my area !

joelf15 said:
mines working great no probz at all.. been using it since 6 months now...n im on d night ul 2 mbps.. its rockin!!!!
I'm so happy for you. Really. Now go find yourself an English grammar class.

I have known even poorer countries than India have better broadband facilities.. my friend from Vietnam has a 4 mbps unlimited connection which costs him almost or a bit more to what we would pay for a 256kbps unlimited.. pity, that seeing the potentials of internet for the economy and growth, we have so less initiatives being taken in this area.. a good & economical broadband can be a key aspect in our growth..

Back