Tata indicomm experience

Mr. @55

Disciple
Hi,

I want to know if anyone had any problems with Tata Indicomm broadband(Power on 256 ) in Bangalore as I am planning to take that connection .

In this case is 256 Kbps the min or max speed and what kind of speeds do you generally get? Also is there any downtime and how responsive is their CC?

In the end, do you think this connection is better than BSNL?

I have Tata connection in Delhi. Its down 30% of the time. In case you are looking for a reliable connection, then forget it. On the other hand, download speeds are great (200 KBps) and it has unlimited download option at night. From that perspective its best value connection available in Indian market today!

So go for it, if heavy download is your main priority. Otherwise look for something else.

In past few months CC over helpline has become very good. However its the local line maintenance people who are the real problem. They are simply not in "control" of CC for problem solving etc. CC simple delegates the problem to them which they solve taking their own sweet time.

Dont have BSNL so cant compare. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Thx rshri for your insight.

Do you get 200 d/l speed throughout the day or does it fluctuates during the day and peaks up at night ?

I forgot ot mention,I plan to download some movies / games from the net and play o/l games.

I there anyone who ha switched from BSNL to TATA or vice versa.

Keep your opinions flowing........................

Anyone else with anymore opinions .
I am going to get a new connection by this week . So pls hurry up with your suggestion.

I'm on WiMAX, tata indicom in blore. speeds are very good, consistenst 30KBps speeds.

only downer is very frequent disconnections. leave for dload in the night, d/ced somewhere in between, stops dlaoding.

Only reason I'm sticking is I got an offer, get 25% free on any connection. chose 6 months prepaid, so i got 7.5months for 6068 rupees. Cheaper than airtel, no modem purchase charges, no extra rentals, no desposit.

When i was threatening them with disconnection, they said please disconnect :lol: heh looks like many ppl took conns when they gave the 25% free offer.

Mr. @55 said:
Thx rshri for your insight.

Do you get 200 d/l speed throughout the day or does it fluctuates during the day and peaks up at night ?

I forgot ot mention,I plan to download some movies / games from the net and play o/l games.

I there anyone who ha switched from BSNL to TATA or vice versa.

Keep your opinions flowing........................

Speed is constant. No worries!
Yeah, download whatever you like. Thats what high connection speed is for!

SunnyBoi said:
I'm on WiMAX, tata indicom in blore. speeds are very good, consistenst 30KBps speeds.

only downer is very frequent disconnections. leave for dload in the night, d/ced somewhere in between, stops dlaoding.

Only reason I'm sticking is I got an offer, get 25% free on any connection. chose 6 months prepaid, so i got 7.5months for 6068 rupees. Cheaper than airtel, no modem purchase charges, no extra rentals, no desposit.

When i was threatening them with disconnection, they said please disconnect :lol: heh looks like many ppl took conns when they gave the 25% free offer.
wats the equipment given to u ?

do torrents work ? u able to portforward ?

I am on Tata Indicom connection since 9 months.. Renewed for another 3 months today itself ;)

Its been a boon for me :D

I get constant 235-240 Kb/s d/l speeds and I havent faced any downtime since last 6 months (Touch Wood)..

Before that the downtime was due to faulty billing from thier side which made my account negative so they stopped my connection. Issue was resolved in 13 days but then 10 extra days were added to my validity ;)

I am changing my residence in a week and still i am gonna keep the same connection. I hope they transfer it there :eek:

Back