Video Tata sky box is laggy, anyone else facing it ?

I have a HD non recording black color small tata sky settop box. On changing channels it lags, takes atleast 1 second to change channel, then like 2 second black screen and then it changes. I remember earlier it was smooth. Anyone else facing it ? I guess all these updates you are forced to do made it so. who else facing it ?

I am facing lag when I am inputting the numbers for direct channel hop. The numbers appear after 1-2 sec of pressing from remote.
yes it lags on pressing keys too. Press key times thinking signal did not go the first time. I hardly watch Tv but using tata sky is so frustrating.[DOUBLEPOST=1467564850][/DOUBLEPOST]
on tata its not there

yes it lags on pressing keys too. Press key times thinking signal did not go the first time. I hardly watch Tv but using tata sky is so frustrating.
I face same issue every couple of months on Airtel but it's the remote in my case. We watch TV while eating, so it gets oily. I wash it regularly, which fixes the lag and the issue of key presses not getting registered.

I face same issue every couple of months on Airtel but it's the remote in my case. We watch TV while eating, so it gets oily. I wash it regularly, which fixes the lag and the issue of key presses not getting registered.
What i mean is key presses get register but it lags, i see the light immediate on the settop box but the actual function of key takes time on the screen. so makes it feel as if key did not press.

I have two stb tata ans dishtv.i dont use tv with tata stb much but this dishtv its pain stb.its not lagging.its hanging a lot.crap dishtv.i press the button on remote than do 1 minute meditation till the time channel gets displayed :D

Dishtv people are always pushing new firmware updates to it,daily updating service list...sab par dish savaar h ya fir dishtv tv ekdum bekaar h

What i mean is key presses get register but it lags, i see the light immediate on the settop box but the actual function of key takes time on the screen. so makes it feel as if key did not press.

I am facing the similar problem and lag goes for more than a minute or so..spoke to call centre they are not sure abt the problem and an engineer will be visiting us

It's normal satellite lag. And it has been there since Day1 after shifting from local cable operators.

But more and more people are noticing it now as the lag just doubled (literally) after they added some 50 new channels recently (more signals to track across?).

I remember the old local cable days, instant 0ms channel swaps, I used to watch 3 channels at once.
Impossible to do that now without wanting to smash the TV.

STB shouldn't lag even if there are a thousand channels. The stupid UI with ad's on it make the STB lag. Think of STB firmware like Android. And the extra skin is like what a manufacturer puts on it. That extra stuff like logo on top and bottom and different ads every time you change channels adds up. The people designing the images are probably using heavy images.

Hmm, didn't think about that. I think only recently they started showing those mini Ad images when cycling through channels.
Channel surfing is an absolutely annoying experience in this STB age.

AHPqhgg.jpg

Hmm, didn't think about that. I think only recently they started showing those mini Ad images when cycling through channels.
Channel surfing is an absolutely annoying experience in this STB age.

AHPqhgg.jpg
yeah, in the golden cablewalla days one could watch 2 shows at the same as channels changed pretty instant. Now instead of facing lag i watch whatever crap is playing :(

Kindly follow the process mentioned below:
> Press 'organiser' on your tv remote
> Go to System settings
> Select the option Master Reset

After re-booting kindly accept all the settings as they are metioned by default.

Kindly follow the process mentioned below:
> Press 'organiser' on your tv remote
> Go to System settings
> Select the option Master Reset

After re-booting kindly accept all the settings as they are metioned by default.

Thanks much, the master reset fixed the lag completely!!

Back