Video Tata Sky HD - Policy change from 8.10.2012

Inspite of having more important matters in life i am thinking about this atleast 2-3 times everyday,its just a fer rupees per month but the feeling of getting looted is eating me up,seriously considering switching to Videocon soon.

Yeah -it plain looting by a bunch of MBA savvy guys in their marketing team... A few months back when they added a new HD channel, the HD subscription went up from Rs 75 to 100 . Now when they add Colors HD- they came up with another marketing ploy to drastically up the HD rates. I am from BLR and have still kept my cable connection bcoz of mutliTV connection with low tariffs and also during heavy rains Tata Sky DTH service goes off air. I only watch Tata Sky for the HD channels and have invested in a SKY+ box with a years subscription paid in advance. Now with this policy change my total montly cost will go up by more than Rs.100 per month over what I have paid... I have written a scathing letter to them stating if I do not get those channels back , I am going to throw this box out of the window and get some other service providers connection. So far there has been no response - to either the email , telephone complain logged or the Service ticket logged on the accounts page. I had a good image about Tata services an year back but now I think they all are simply interested in making money with absolutely no regards for their consumers. Indian consumers are generally silent and generally take all such shit without much cribbing... but this is about to change soon. Social media is very powerful and they will know this soon ( unless they do not remedy the situation ).

Today my i got a call that there is a festive offer for my 2 months deactivated Tata sky-HD that I should do a Rs3210/- recharge and i shall get all the channels free for one year except the sports pack.
called up tata sky helpline at 9.00 pm
rep1- "sir we do have a request pending for the same, just do the recharge for Rs3210/ and call us we shall activate it."
so i did the recharge and called tata sky again but amazingly i got this -
rep2- "i shall have to check with the offers team sir, they are available only from 10am to 5 pm and you shall have to call between that time only, till then watch your regular packages"
i was like w.t.f. and argued with him that i had just spoken/confirmed and then done the recharge.
rep2-"sir if you have a complaint i shall transfer you to my senior co-ordinater....".and then the line went dead!!!!
was mad like hell called up again-
rep3-"sir you shall have to call gain in the morning as the offers team is available only then!!!!"

i mean what the hell? they could have told me to confirm with the offers team in the morning and then do the recharge....plain thugs these guys...."do the recharge great offer and after its done...please we have to check about the offer"!!! never expected tata sky to be like this.........rant!!!;X

^^ Call them up again tomorrow. It will be sorted out. I too had got a similar call around a year back from their retention department (or whatever they call it) but it was done in the morning.

And thanks to their stupid new policy, my box too got deactivated as i didn't do the recharge !:sleep:

Back