Tatasky broadband

rajil.s

Adept
Anybody has experience of Tatasky broadband?

I am interested in knowing about router do they use. They are only ipv6 and was wondering whether there is any downside to it.

The plan in Bangalore is attached.
SmartSelect_20191017-063229_WhatsApp.jpg

I would like to bring it to your notice that unlimited plans have FUP .
100 mbps plan has a FUP of 1.5 TB after which speed is capped to 2mbps.

Yes, they are all doing this very subtly.atleast airtel FUP is 3.3 TB which is pretty high.
I am looking for sikka alternatives .Since ACT is not here yet, i decided to give tatasky BB a try .
So i called them and asked about the details.Only after asking explicitly they told me about the FUP and differential speed.
When i asked why they have not mentioned the same on their website, they said 'We convey this when someone subscribes to our connection'.

Yes, they are all doing this very subtly.atleast airtel FUP is 3.3 TB which is pretty high.
I am looking for sikka alternatives .Since ACT is not here yet, i decided to give tatasky BB a try .
So i called them and asked about the details.Only after asking explicitly they told me about the FUP and differential speed.
When i asked why they have not mentioned the same on their website, they said 'We convey this when someone subscribes to our connection'.

I am not sure if the FUP is really 3.3TB with Airtel. Earlier I was a 750GB plan wherein I could see my daily usage and reduction in Data Balance. Ever since I moved to the unlimited plan, I do not see any daily usage option and my Data balance always shows as 3333.0GB of 3333.0GB left.

I am not sure if the FUP is really 3.3TB with Airtel. Earlier I was a 750GB plan wherein I could see my daily usage and reduction in Data Balance. Ever since I moved to the unlimited plan, I do not see any daily usage option and my Data balance always shows as 3333.0GB of 3333.0GB left.

I think Airtel is now truly unlimited and no longer 3.3 TB. Although its in T & C, but I think they have not updated it

I think Airtel is now truly unlimited and no longer 3.3 TB. Although its in T & C, but I think they have not updated it

They probably realized that most people do not care for FUP limit if it is high enough. All that people really care is good ping and promised speed and service. I remember the time when on a BSNL dial-up from 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM we used to get unmetered bandwidth. I used to feel great when I could snag 20GB bandwidth in a month those days.

They probably realized that most people do not care for FUP limit if it is high enough. All that people really care is good ping and promised speed and service. I remember the time when on a BSNL dial-up from 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM we used to get unmetered bandwidth. I used to feel great when I could snag 20GB bandwidth in a month those days.

haha totally remember those times when you would put things to download only making sure to reset the connection post 12 and pre 8. Loads of times people got screwed when they messed up the times :D

haha totally remember those times when you would put things to download only making sure to reset the connection post 12 and pre 8. Loads of times people got screwed when they messed up the times :D
Yes. Wake up in the middle of night to start the dial up connection and remember to disconnect a minute before 8:00 AM until some messiah came up with a utility to start and stop the dial up automatically. I have downloaded tons of stuff even if I did not really need them. It used to be a challenge with oneself if one could do one better than last month! Now with the high/unlimited FUPs I hardly ever download just for the sake of it. In fact with the proliferation of OTTs and the backlog of content to watch I am even think of cancelling my Seedbox subscription. For the cost of the Seedbox subscription I could get all the OTT subscriptions.

With 200 mpbs Airtel FTTH and iBall Mesh wifi I am all set for the next few years.

Back