TCL UHD P8 55” TV

colors6

Disciple
I’m thinking of buying TCL P8 55” UHD TV from Amazon.

Anyone here has experience with this TV?

I’ve heard the TV only has 2.4 GHz wifi and due to that speeds won’t reach the required minimum 30 mbps for playing 4K.

Also does Prime video play 4K HDR?

TCL service is something to think about. An year back it was very difficult for me to get a panel changed within the warranty period. The TV is good as long as it lasts.

All Chinese TV's have bad service .
Bad WiFi of your router is placed a little away from the TV.
Best to connect the lan cable to TV for best 4k video bandwidth .
These TV's essentially are use and throw .
Unlike Samsung , Sony and LG.

Yeah, I realise buying these Chinese tvs is like playing Russian roulette.

But, if one wants a 55” UHD tv in a limited budget , that’s the risk you take.

Keeping fingers crossed. Bought a TCL P8 55” for 18K from Amazon under exchange.

I hope I don’t spend this Diwali tearing my hair out over a bad decision[emoji102][emoji19]

Yeah, I realise buying these Chinese tvs is like playing Russian roulette.

But, if one wants a 55” UHD tv in a limited budget , that’s the risk you take.

Keeping fingers crossed. Bought a TCL P8 55” for 18K from Amazon under exchange.

I hope I don’t spend this Diwali tearing my hair out over a bad decision[emoji102][emoji19]

As I said before the TV is good but not comparable to LG, Samsung or Sony panels. Only problem is their service as it seems they have outsourced it to some cheap third rated service centers which do not follow any turnaround time.

A 55” UHD TV by Samsung, LG is going to be at least 50K. Sony would be at least 70-75k.

I can’t afford that.

Better to buy this kind of TV and hope it lasts 2-3 years. Anything beyond would be a plus.

Personally from what i have seen, It is very rare for Tv`s nowadays to last >5 years no matter which brand you buy, or how much you spend on it. Something or the other "WIll" go wrong (mostly the panel or the lighting array) and repairing it ends up costing too much that you will eventually get a new TV. It is not like the old CRTs that will last 10 years easy, even more with cheap repairs.
I don't know if this is planned obsolescence or anything, but unless you have throwaway money i would not spend over 30k on any TV whatsoever.
If your experience differs, i would love to hear it.

Personally from what i have seen, It is very rare for Tv`s nowadays to last >5 years no matter which brand you buy, or how much you spend on it. Something or the other "WIll" go wrong (mostly the panel or the lighting array) and repairing it ends up costing too much that you will eventually get a new TV. It is not like the old CRTs that will last 10 years easy, even more with cheap repairs.
I don't know if this is planned obsolescence or anything, but unless you have throwaway money i would not spend over 30k on any TV whatsoever.
If your experience differs, i would love to hear it.

i ended up handling my cordless phone carelessly one day and it hit my panel. It was not so a big hit, just that it fell from the charger on the TV. The panel was considered as physical damage not covered under warranty

i ended up handling my cordless phone carelessly one day and it hit my panel. It was not so a big hit, just that it fell from the charger on the TV. The panel was considered as physical damage not covered under warranty
I never understand how the warranty works for this physical damage. Panel might sometime crack due to various factors. Also internal crack might happen in the panel and this is not covered by warranty as the blame is put on the customer as physical damage.

I never understand how the warranty works for this physical damage. Panel might sometime crack due to various factors. Also internal crack might happen in the panel and this is not covered by warranty as the blame is put on the customer as physical damage.
agree. Just that it took some weeks for me to understand and accept it was because of the cordless drop.

These things are so fragile for such an expensive item that sometimes i wonder if they will break if you stare at them a little too intently.

Back