TE has become more of a opinion/gossip forum

random2

Adept
And not a good thing.

Each individual has their opinion on each thing in life and they differ (and thats absolutely normal). But they dont have to stuff their opinions onto each other. This forum is supposed to be a place to keep all those away and focus on tech.

PS: I know opinions differ on this topic too. But one needs to first think about the purpose of the forum.

And not a good thing.

Each individual has their opinion on each thing in life and they differ (and thats absolutely normal). But they dont have to stuff their opinions onto each other. This forum is supposed to be a place to keep all those away and focus on tech.

PS: I know opinions differ on this topic too. But one needs to first think about the purpose of the forum.

Not TE, just the General talk. That's exactly what it's for.

Those who only want to see tech, stay away from the general talk section. No one's forcing you to go there.

yeah-well-thats-just-like-you-know-your-opinion-man-14551385.png

I visit TE almost daily and use the "New Posts" link to see the fresh updates. Is it possible to get an option to exclude the "General Talk" section from these "New Posts" ?

That will certainly limit my feed to the tech part .

Request to Admin/Mods to please consider this option to maintain the sanctity of the forum that TE is !

OP you might have this impression because the general section is most active after the sales section :)
if people staring posting in another section you wont feel the same.

I visit TE almost daily and use the "New Posts" link to see the fresh updates. Is it possible to get an option to exclude the "General Talk" section from these "New Posts" ?

That will certainly limit my feed to the tech part .

Request to Admin/Mods to please consider this option to maintain the sanctity of the forum that TE is !

It already is available. On the top right, when you hover over your username, you get a drop down list..

Untitled.png
>
untitled.png

Click on Ignore new posts and select the sections that you would like to be ignored in new posts search. That's it.

If it matters i've been lobbying to have discussions like this for well over a decade. It's been some what tolerated but always resisted by people who never participate. There's been calls to take down the GT section in its entirety (!)

Takes have been unique and interesting. From what i could tell, the problem was maintaining interest. If something was hot people wanted to talk, a week later if it lasted that long the discussion was over. No tracking, few sources posted, still fewer challenges. The end. Not good. Cannot expect to understand what is happening in such a short span

Some threads here have gone on for a few months now and the demo thread is over a year old and still going. This is progress :)

Last edited:
I guess there are some people who haven't been used to 'hanging out' in forums. I've so many friends from XDA days, where we just used to hang out in the 'Off-topic/GT' section.
Even Team-BHP, one of India's most popular forums has a GT section. They have just prohibited talking about politics/religion etc. But still someone can come over and say that since it is Team-BHP, they should only talk about cars.
As pointed by Logistopath, there has always been an easy way to ignore sections of the forum and they should exercise that option and enjoy the forum sections they want to.

There should be anger ! As a citizen of this country you have a duty to speak out when you see things going wrong. Indifference and staying silent is the worst crime of all.
anger doesnt help anyone and patriotism is only useful to politicians. Its just my opinion that its possible to state opinions without being angry.

I guess there are some people who haven't been used to 'hanging out' in forums. I've so many friends from XDA days, where we just used to hang out in the 'Off-topic/GT' section.
Even Team-BHP, one of India's most popular forums has a GT section. They have just prohibited talking about politics/religion etc. But still someone can come over and say that since it is Team-BHP, they should only talk about cars.
As pointed by Logistopath, there has always been an easy way to ignore sections of the forum and they should exercise that option and enjoy the forum sections they want to.
People too hang out here in GT section, but the hangout way we see is flaming and targeting personally for no reason as if the discussion is about them or their family. Had some very ridiculous experience recently. Idiots or shall i use more suitable words to describe such stupids.

Last edited:
Back