TE Laptop Guide Dec 09

Yes Zenith needs mention. They have very good laptops and at lower prices. It was Zenith which brought down the PC costa from 80,000 to 30,000. We need to give credit to Company.

By any stretch of imagination, all laptops are almost same in the sense that either intel or AMD will be there inside. It is the right configuration of components, Performance/Price ratio & little bit of cutomer support. If the is on the spot, it does not make any difference, whether it belongs to Zenith, Len.., Com..., HP.. Dell.. Ace..., Son..., Asu..., MSI..., Sam..., LG... or anybody else.

The zenith model you refere is a good choice. Choosing is simple as follows:

1. Choose which way you want to go Intel or AMD
2. Which is the best Integrated Graphic, for processor you decided above.
3. Brand with lowest cost with above configurations.
4. Look for other determinants like after sales, Asthetics, HDD & RAM, battery etc.
5. 12" screen would be ideal as light and compact.

Karthi007 said:
@X-Rebel - Get the Acer 5738G if u need a GPU for 40k. It has a HD 4570. Else stick to the dell inspiron 15-35k or acer 5738-32-33k. both similar specs.

@Ocizer - There may be many GPU models in Acer 5738G. For eg. u can get inspiron 15 with many configs with or without a GPU. Similar to that. Its not illegal. A retailer cant change the GPU of a laptop :p The acer india site says the Acer5738G has a GPU but doesnt mention which GPU :mad:

the Acer 5738G for 40k has an Nvidia GPU...thr is another model 5738* (dont remember the last character) which has an ATI GPU AND a Bluray drive and its priced arnd 48k i think..

Hi
I am new to techenclave..... can any one of you tell me from where i can get (4GB X 2)SODIMM 800MHZ for my hp laptop and do tell me the best price i need the RAM urgently....
Detail of my Laptop

Model No :- Hp dv6 1154tx

very nice work karthik...
I'll like to add that... in budget laptop category.. Acer 5738 with Linux comes for 30-31k and with vista it comes for 33k. Dell inspiron 15 with vista comes for minimum 35k (without backpack). For those who want to install OS themselves 5738 is a better buy IMHO. further Acer comes with DDR3.

Very good guide. Thanks.

However based on personal experience and experience of few others too, Acer is VFM mainly coz they compromise on build quality.... ( that was 2 years ago) don't know if they have improved. If you want to change your lappie every 2 years, or will be using the lappie for decorative purposes like running MS office and the odd movie or two occasinally, then go for Acer or else not worth it. There is a rapid detoriation of all components within a year and a half... motherboard, battery, HDD.. everything goes for a toss. Their service is also not good.

hi karthi i have a question for you can we upgrade the gpu in the laptop in the future if we want to and if yes which are the laptop in which the upgrade can be done ?

cool1 said:
hi karthi i have a question for you can we upgrade the gpu in the laptop in the future if we want to and if yes which are the laptop in which the upgrade can be done ?

Nope we cant upgrade the GPU of a laptop

Guys, just a simple question . who has the best after sales service ??

And what is your opinion about HCL ME Laptops, they are offering quite good prices. What about build quality and component life, someone said that Acer build quality is not so good.

^As far as after sales service is concerned dell is the best. onsite service.

I have not personally used HCL ME. Have used the older ones. They are pretty decent. Not too great. Mostly On par with acer's build.

Back