TE PC Buying Guide March 2010

Hey guys,

Wanted to get a mid budget rig..

Need it for some casual gaming and 1080p playback with some PS thrown in..

Saw the config recommendations in the OP and went to the local market ( Lucknow ) for the same.. Was surprised to see great price fluctuations and no love for AMD.. :( ..

Willing to spend max 25k..

Need:

Proccy + Mobo + RAM + HDD + Graphics Card + Cabinet + SMPS ..

Already have a Dell S2409W + Philips SPA5300 + KB/Mouse..

Was looking at the options available and found out the following are the only things available locally:

1) Proccy + Mobo:

a) AMD Phenom X2 555BE + Asus M7N68AM = 8100/-

b) AMD Phenom X4 925 + Asus M4A78EM = 12200/-

c) AMD Phenom X2 555BE + Asus M4A78EM = 10300/-

d) Intel Core i3 + Intel DH55TC = 10700/-

e) Intel Core i5 750 + Intel DP55WB = 15700/-

2) RAM:

a) 2GB DDR 3 ( No Kingston/Corsair etc available ) Simmtronics/Irion = 3000/-

b) 2GB DDR 2 ( Same companies ) = 2300/-

3) HDD:

a) 500GB WD/Seagate = 2350/-

4) Graphics Card:

a) ATI Radeon 5750 = 9000/-

b) NVIDIA GT250 = 8850/-

c) ATI Radeon 4570 = 7350/-

5) Cabinet:

a) Any Normal Cabinet = 1.1-2k/

b) CM ( Beginner model, vendor wasnt sure abt the model no. ) w/ SMPS (450W) = 4500/-

6) PSU (If taken extra):

a) FSP Saga 500W = 3100/-

b) CM 450W = Upwards of 3.5k ( model no. unknown + will take a week to come after pre-ordering..

c) FSP Epsilon 700W = 6100/-

d) FSP Everest 800W = 7500/-

Now my main dilemna is regarding Proccy + Mobo + Graphics Card..

Also should i go for DDR2 4GB ( 2*2)..??

Please help guys..!!

TIA.. :)

P.S.: Started a new thread >> http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/help-me-decide-please-163424.html

can u suggest sm USB3.0 SATA 6Gb/s mobo for Core i5 750 along with their prices..

also would it be wise to invest in it??

Hello everyone. Apparently as per the Hauppauge website ( WinTV-PVR-150 Support page ) the PVR 150 is not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit, 4GB RAM. The problem is I have just that. Can you please tell me what TV Tuner Card would be applicable. Thanks

What is the best processor on X58 boards, that can be accomodated in a sub 50k rig ? Also, what is the corresponding AMD option for i5/i7 ?

Is their gonna be Buying Guide for April also...rices have slightly risen due to budget..This time please include intel based systems also...

Great Job...on the March Guide..:hap2:

geek ashish said:
Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 8000/-
Prime

AFAIK the H55 chipset is required for integrated graphics. I'm interested in building one with a dedicated graphics card. can you suggest a USB 3 mobo for the same??

Nice guide, mate :)

I'm looking to buy a "General Purpose Home Machine + Casual Gamer (Budget 28k)" machine with a budget of up to 30K. I like the config, but I'm wondering about the availability in Hyderabad market.

If anyone's going to CTC (Chenoy Trade Center, Secunderabad), could you please check out the availability? I'd be really grateful.

If the exact specs are not available, I'd like to buy the closest config available.

Please help me out :)

de_Pak said:
AFAIK the H55 chipset is required for integrated graphics. I'm interested in building one with a dedicated graphics card. can you suggest a USB 3 mobo for the same??

The integrated graphics are on the CPU package and not on the motherboard. So that board is 100% compatiable with all 1156 processors as long as you use an external graphics card. A P55 board with the same features will be a lot more expensive as compared to the suggestion above, and not get you much more value.

PS: Should you guys be posting queries in this guide?

Hi,

Am not sure whether its the right thread or not (if not please forgive me) !

Does anyone know any place in Bangalore or otherwise where we can get a Blu-Ray drive for cheap ???

Offcourse in Delhi Cost-to-Cost is the place but Am in Bangalore and want to buy one !!

Regards.

Hello Karthik,
Like last time the new buying guide is fantastic. Thank you! I had purchased a PC some months back following your recommendations and I am very happy with it. I am grateful.(I wanted to buy it for my brothers, remember? They game all day long and are very happy).

This was the config you had suggested.

AthlonIIX2 240
Biostar TA785GE (with 128 MB sideport memory)
Dell Monitor
2 GB Ram
250 GB HDD

Due to my tight budget, I could not get the Zebronics Bijli and the FSP Saga PSU at that time like you had suggested. I had to buy a plain Zebronics cabinet (the ones with gaming style 2-side fans) and use the bundled power supply (Cost - Rs.1150).

Karthik, I want to keep this investment of a PC safe. I am very satisfied with it and would like to keep it working for a long time.

Thus, would you suggest me whether I should think about changing the cabinet and power supply?

With many thanks,
Setonfire

@DarkAngel

Thanks for Sharing the Info ...

can u give the Correct Model No for the DVD Writer...

is that Model Exists in the Present Market in Chennai

Samsung SH-S22F SATA DVD-Writer

Awaiting your response

@DarkAngel

Thanks dude, I got the general purpose configuration that you suggested.

One grouse though:

The Zebronics Bijli cabinet has really shoddy build quality -- the small fans on the side have already stared making loud, irritating whirring noise.

And the bundled PSU lasted all of one week before it went phut.

In all fairness, NP dealers say Zebronics USED to be great -- standards have gone down in recent times.

I would advice everyone to look for an alternative.

^Yup. Ppl have been reporting dipping standards of the Bijili. Unless on a very tight budget i would advice a CM Elite 310 ~ 1.5k(1 yr warranty) and FSP SAGAII 350w ~ 1.5k.(2 yrs warranty).

Afterall they are the body and heart of your PC. So what replacement PSU have u got?

Just bought a PC on friday from CTC Park Lane hyderabad

Config:

CM 690 II Advanced

ASUS P7H55D-M EVO

Intel i5 750

Saphire HD 5870

4 GB Corsair DDR 3 RAM

1 TB WD Hard disk

Dell S2409W

Altec Lansing VS4121BLK

I will post the pics today evening.

Back