TE PC Buying Guide (updated 21 feb 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hades. said:
In 60k budget rig u wrote hd6950 1gb instead of hd6950 2gb... :)
Fixed. Thanks :) Also updated i7 950 to i7 960 since the price change has already reflected in India in sites like SMC and delta.

Avish said:
Dell U2311H price has gone up this week. It's 15k now!
Yeah it fluctuates a lot. But there was one dealer in the other forum selling it for ~14k but you will have to wait for ~3 weeks for delivery.

@DarkAngel

Here is the link to the Tacens PSU

Tacens :: Feel the Silence / refrigeracion / cooler / disipador / cajas / fuentes / ventilador / mooding / gamers /

I am not sure which series robp got, but the Valeo III do have 80 plus Bronze rating. Last time I went to SMC even I was told about it but I didnt get into much details as I had never heard about it. Looks like they are sub brand of FSP or something. However, they are priced pretty decently Rs 2400 for a 500W modular supply and warranty is 3 years too i presume.

For a average user ( e-mail, browsing, chat, music, movies ) would there be much of a difference between Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H and MA880GM-UD2H ?

PoBoy said:
For a average user ( e-mail, browsing, chat, music, movies ) would there be much of a difference between Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H and MA880GM-UD2H ?
Nope. No difference.
Only major differnce between the 785GMT-US2H and 880GM-UD2H is that the former has solid caps only for CPU VRM whereas the latter is a all solid caps board.
As you know not much of a differnce between 785G and 880G.

I bought Dell U2311H for Rs15450/- at mumbai Lamington Road. its better to buy if really required as there is no confirmation that it will be available at 14k.

DarkAngel said:
^Whats the ratinngs on your PSU? How many AMPS in +12V/+12V1,+12V2?

A MSI HD5770 1GB GDDR5 ~ 7.7k would do pretty good at that resolution.

If you have the budget then get the MSI HD6850 1GB GDDR5 ~ 10.2k as it will let you play more future releases than a HD5770.

Not sure how good your PSU is. So revert back the CPU to stock clock after adding a GPU.
PSU is a Tacens Supero 500w.

Does this help?-

"Tacens Supero 500 (FSP520-80GCM — 80PLUS?) — P2,240

+3.3V: 36A | +5V: 30A | +12V1: 18A | +12V2: 18A | +12V3: 18A | +12V4: 18A

+3.3V & +5V limit: 155W | +12V limit: ~320W (26.7A)

Rated power: 500W @ 25ºC | Max power: 450W @ 50ºC"

-from PSU 101: A Guide and Q&A for PSU « **Skateboxx Blogroll**

Some reviews for this PSU:

Tacens Supero 500 – recenzja « zenlabs.pl – zasilacze, obudowy, ch [In Polish]

MODPC.com - Reviews - Fuentes - REVIEW: Tacens Supero 500W [2007-07-02] [In Spanish]

Use Chrome for above links, does auto-translation nicely.

I will check up on the 6850, will that do good in 1680*1080 resolution? I am looking for Low Power, Low Noise and High Performance in that order?

@Decius

The warranty is 2 yrs as per SMC- although not written/indicated on Packaging/Docs. How did you presume 3 yrs?

-Thanks

Rob

Senior Members,

Just to tell you all that the AMD Gigabyte mobo's suggested in the list upto Rs.41000/- (PCs) like 785G and 880G are not available anywhere except the 880GA-UD2H.

So would request you to update the mobo's in the list with suitable replacements.

Hey...i am planning to upgrade my Motherboard, Processor & RAM. Currently running a pentium4 HT with 3 GB DDR2 with a 8600 GT Graphic card. my budget is 25K please suggest me something.

Thanks

Nice reference point to start with, but i wanted to ask about the prices, cos i live in chandigarh and have mostly bought all my stuff from Lynx store in the past, the prices they are quoting for each item i inquire is about 200 more and they give the lousy reason of 5% tax.

Are these quoting of prices inclusive of taxes, also can someone recommend some good places to buy PC hardware in Chandigarh ???

preet27 said:
Nice reference point to start with, but i wanted to ask about the prices, cos i live in chandigarh and have mostly bought all my stuff from Lynx store in the past, the prices they are quoting for each item i inquire is about 200 more and they give the lousy reason of 5% tax.

Are these quoting of prices inclusive of taxes, also can someone recommend some good places to buy PC hardware in Chandigarh ???
The prices in the guide are VAT inclusive prices. Lynx is a good store in Chandigarh.(reg. dealer in TE too) Not sure about any other stores. Wait for locals to comment on it.

off Topic
I recently (12-Apr) bought AMD Athlon II X3 440 (Rs.3300) + Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H (Rs.4300) + Corsair 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz VS2GB1333D3 G (Rs.1050/1200) from lamington road.
Q:
I wonder what is idle CPU Temperature ? & fan speed ?
I found w/o doing any oc Just running as is i found my CPU temperature is 55 deg C @ 6250 rpm. Very Noisy.
No.s are from BIOS as well from HW monitor. mostly identical.

Don't think ok ?
or should dump stock cooler & go for something else ... Any Suggestion ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back