Team Techenclave at Folding@Home

WickedTA said:
Not directly related, but pappu, are you using the console or graphical GPU Client? I'd recommend the console version as it folds faster.

Anyway, regarding the download problem, this can be due to your internet bandwidth being used fully by something else (P2P ?) or it could be that you haven't chosen the "large packets" option in the configuration (which is not enabled by default) and so the server doesn't have any work units to assign to your client?

i guess i use the graphical version :)
no download problems.... i have the cpu client which works but the gpu client just doesnt anymore

pappu check the logs for "EUE" (early unit endings) or something like that... the thing gives those errors sometimes and needs to be "cleared out" (restarting the client works i think)... i've stopped folding these days (powercuts/UPS issues) so dont recall properly...

_pappu_ said:
i guess i use the graphical version :)

no download problems.... i have the cpu client which works but the gpu client just doesnt anymore

Ok, so if download problems don't exist per se, then it's probably the other issue I've mentioned... your client's settings / age are such that the server doesn't have any suitable WUs for it. Which version of the client do you have BTW? If it's older, can you upgrade to the latest available one and then try?

Just for the heck of it, you could also try backing up your folding directory, then delete the "work" folder and the "queue.dat" file and run your client.

We have crossed 500,000 points and are also in the top 2500 now :)

All our regular folders have dropped out and while we were only overtaking other teams till now, we're being overtaken by lots of teams now :(

Come on you guys, let's all chip in :hap2:

I started "Folding" recently. See my config, I can be a good asset to TE team, how can I join it?

No Sweat joined u guys by entering the Team number, watchout for my score, it ain't gonna be much be soon an steadily it'll rise up!

BTW How can I rack my and my team stats, it always shows that serveer needs 45 mins to time to show and thing like that.

Alrighty!

We are now into the top 2000 teams :hap2:

Current stats: Ranking = 1,998 | Points = 768,237 | Work Units = 2,586

Need more folks to pitch in and help out :). Ryunosuke, thanks for joining in and keeping it going for the past month!

Joined.. My laptop is on 24 x 7, and very often I have good internet speeds, so trying to make the little contribution that I can.. :hap2:

I just cracked the 500,000 points mark :eek:hyeah:

Out team is at 965,729 points, just a bit shy of the one million mark. At the current rate of folding, we'll get there by next weekend!

The team's just crossed the 1 million point mark!!! :hap2:

1,000,104 points to be precise through 3,044 work units, ranked 1689. Onward we continue!

I bought a new laptop and wud like it too to Fold! How can I add it up along with my desktop thus both rig folding and adding up to my score?

Alrighty, we cracked the 2 million points mark a few days back and are ranked 1214. Thanks to all the regular folders and the newer ones too :)

vishalrao said:
LOL didnt even realise I'd signed up nearly 4 years ago (like for WCG) but never had the time/resources to fold or crunch... until now!

Hell, I never knew what this was all about, until now. :ashamed:

I'm afraid my config. won't be good enough for this !?

thetoxicmind, your X2 3600 should be good for running the High Performance SMP Console version. If the WUs aren't completing before their deadlines, then you can run two instances of the Standard Console version.

If you're feeling a bit more adventurous, you can run two instances of something called the notfred VM client that runs a single-core version of the high-points-yielding Linux client within a VM (the free VMware player is required). The last will will give you the highest PPD (points per day) which the other two can't even hope to touch!

BTW, our team is now ranked within the top 1200 teams worldwide and that means as of yesterday, ExtremeFolding's stats no longer contain just our team stats, but also our team member stats :D

Back