Team TechEnclave at WCG

b/w the installation which i Dled from the site doesnt work....it gives error -

"1607 - Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime"

help needed guys :(

hey guys...i started of with SETI@home around 4 years ago...
then SETI joined up with BOINC and i have been using BOINC ever since..

is WCG boinc different...

and if i join WCG what will happen to my already acquired credits with BOINC projects....??

(i can easily read up on all this...but since exams are going on...dont have time to go through the sites...

thans why need your help....thanx)

Just signing up now... new q6600 @ stock rig :eek:hyeah:

edit: looks like its crunching on all 4 cylinders :) btw, my idle temps were around 55 deg C, now the cores are bet 70 - 80 deg C, is that okay? I have stock clocks (2.4ghz) and stock HSF. I believe the Q6600 will throttle and/or halt if the temperature crosses safe levels to avoid damage?

maybe it hasnt been uploaded yet? for me, peerguardian was blocking IBM's server and preventing my bits from being sent out :D

ehehe ya, my folks are already complaining about the higher power bills since i got the q6600 :eek:hyeah: maybe i'll "retire" when i cross 1 million...

gannu said:
I mean crunching 24x7 for a record using the quaddie; :p
thebanik said:
^^^^thats exactly why i stopped crunching.....:eek:hyeah:
vishalrao said:
ehehe ya, my folks are already complaining about the higher power bills since i got the q6600 maybe i'll "retire" when i cross 1 million...
Really L4M3. :|
BOINC provides options to allot the number of cores you want to use and also the %age of cpu you want to use.
So i don't see a reason to stop crunching altogether if one can set a limit to how much they crunch daily, especially when they have a Quad core and a hi-end gpu idling away when they download.
Infact people who afford such hi-end hardware can also afford to build a cheapo download rig that consumes lower power than the main rig at idle.
People crunching just for points and getting greedy and then stopping altogether- no comments. :)

ehehe... im running BOINC at 100% nearly 24x7 (only power cuts are a hurdle) i doubt its using my GPU... any way i can utilise that? run folding@home maybe?

Back