Tech Backpack

Onemufc

Skilled
I am looking for a backpack to keep my stuff and use it when I travel. (Not Much)

What I have:-

1. A 15.6 inch laptop
2. Two mobile phones with one of them being in the bag.
3. One Headphones with cover.
4. Couple of Earphones
5. Cables Cables and lots of cables.
And other stuff.

What I am looking for:-
1. Large Capacity (Tech + Few Clothes)
2. Raincover (If possible)
3. Should backpack

Budget:- 5K

What I found.
I have this backpack in my mind but it does not have rain cover.
http://www.flipkart.com/wildcraft-t...=b_4&ref=b127f661-76a0-4983-a77d-d85534c983e5

I checked out some VIP backpacks at a shop couple of weeks ago. They cost around 2k and the fit and finish/zippers etc seemed pretty good.

I have been using swiss gear bags since 2008. The one I have now was bought sometime in 2012 and is my second swiss gear bag. They have like a millions slots to put all sorts of stuff. The best part I like in the newer swiss gear bags is the top small pouch type section which has a separate chain of its own. I put my wallet, house keys, one pen and bluetooth earphones in them.
Back side will take my office laptop, main section holds my laptop charger and it has a small inline partition which holds my nexus 7.
The outermost one holds a swiss knife, some normal medicines (disprin, crocin, gelusil, pudin hara etc). The slot between the main slot and this outermost one holds my Xiaomi Mi 10400 powerbank and the cables and also had my sansa clip+ (which I rarely use).

The bag that I own is this -> http://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-Blue-Ibex-Computer-Backpack/dp/B000VOC90Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420803885&sr=8-1&keywords=swiss gear bags

@raksrules Thanks for the input mate. Appreciate it.

Can you tell me have you travelled with us over the weekend? I mean does it serve your purpose of clothes plus few stuff.

If with all the stuff I mentioned above, I guess I can squeeze a pair of shirt and trouser.
Also my office laptop is not slim but a bulky dell latitude so that leaves lesser space in main slot. I would not be able to put a pair of shoes after all the above (including clothes). But you can squeeze it for sure.

I have been using a Targus wanderer since 2010. I got it replaced from Rashi in under 3 days after a bike accident ruined the front compartment. I have been using it ever since. I have been handling a marketing profile since 2011 and have traveled extensively across India, with the bag holding my gear + clothes + toiletries. I did a fair to biking in the past and the bag was comfortable unless over loaded. It looks good even now. It is perfectly at home in board meetings and on my infrequent weekend hikes/trips.
Pros - Extremely well built, rain cover, super spacious,awesome replacement policy.
The only con - its too heavy.

Posted info about it here -
https://www.techenclave.com/communi...following-features.107675/page-2#post-1319487
https://www.techenclave.com/communi...y-show-off-thread.57621/page-100#post-1100359

Since the Wanderer is hard to find now I would recommend any targus bag with a rain cover. There's a Dell Energy/Synergy backpack which was made by Targus and was probably based on the Wanderer I own. Also give the Alienware Orion backpack a look.

the targus wanderer is the best backpack i ever owned. it was a little too small for my dozen clothes or so on out of state trips, so upgraded (size). the wildcraft wanderer is the biggest i've owned but nowhere near the quality. i still miss my targus.

Separate rain covers are available from Wildcraft & Decathlon.
I prefer Decathlon ones, they come in various sizes and colors. Wildcraft has only one universal cover in black.

Hey! Anybody having a decathlon membership here?
I want to get a few things in Bangalore for an upcoming trek, and have heard members get some discount over their prices.

What raksrules given is my current office provided backpack. So yea, its good.

And I saw someone talking about design for these bags, The duller they look the better. You don't want to use a bag that screams I have expensive electronics inside.

Back