Temple Run 2 out for Android.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Imangi Studios have released the successor to one of the most successful applications on the App Store.

Get it NOW on Google play

Running fine on my SONY XPERIA go.

Attachments

• get_it_on_play_logo_large.png
    get_it_on_play_logo_large.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 143
the game stutters a little here and there. The initial impressions are average but i am expecting it to get better as one plays it more.

I dont understand the reason behind temple runs' huge popularity...
yeah its a time killer time pass game

but there are lots of temple run type game which are way, way better than it...
agent dash, gravity project etc etc to name a few...

Your statement answers your question.

If there was no Temple Run in most likelihood we would not have seen Temple Run type of games coming up.

Apart from the fact that they have consistently introduced elements in each iteration of the game.

It is a bit like questioning Rovio Soft's success with Angry Birds franchise which has spawned of an army of clones of itself. But Rovio is not content with Angry Birds so it is widening its baskets and introducing new titles like Bad Piggies and Amazing Alex.

I dont understand the reason behind temple runs' huge popularity...
yeah its a time killer time pass game

Got to include Subway Surfers in that category as well.

TR was always a very mundane and really got monotonous imo. Friends loved it though..

Agree with you folks. Subway Surfer is way better than Temple Run in every department. I hate accelerometer-based games mainly because you can't play them in a lying position. This is the biggest problem I have with Temple Run.

Btw, what are your top scores in Subway Surfer?

Got to include Subway Surfers in that category as well.

TR was always a very mundane and really got monotonous imo. Friends loved it though..

No subway surfers for me ...no armv6 hack yet...
so didnt include it :p

- - - Updated - - -

Your statement answers your question.

If there was no Temple Run in most likelihood we would not have seen Temple Run type of games coming up.

Apart from the fact that they have consistently introduced elements in each iteration of the game.

It is a bit like questioning Rovio Soft's success with Angry Birds franchise which has spawned of an army of clones of itself. But Rovio is not content with Angry Birds so it is widening its baskets and introducing new titles like Bad Piggies and Amazing Alex.

Yeah but angry birds popularity is justified...
atleast its a puzzle type game each level is different and is fun to play...

note that its not that.. i dont like it so others should not like it too...

i have never played it beyond the first 10 levels..
and havent yet installed space and star wars

so my point...

and regarding angry birds clones none of them are worth it...
the only game that comes closest is shoot the apple....

To everyone on this thread, I am not saying Temple Run is fun OR not, if it is the best in its class / genre but this is a concious statement that if Temple Run would not have come out we would not have seen games like -- AGENT DASH, SUBWAY SURFERS etc. PERIOD.

Yeah but angry birds popularity is justified...
atleast its a puzzle type game each level is different and is fun to play...

note that its not that.. i dont like it so others should not like it too...

i have never played it beyond the first 10 levels..
and havent yet installed space and star wars

Justifying Angry Birds is like justifying Call of Duty for modern shooters. Yes the original was a blast of fresh air, a forerunner for the clones to come because success begets clones / copies which follow the basic framework of the original and try to populate the rest of the world with their slice on things.

Rovio got the message soon enough and said, well you know it has been fun having this our flagship title but if we keep going at this pace we'll burn out our audience and that means no market for us and clones will be the only legacy of us, so we are diversifying into titles like Amazing Alex and Bad Piggies.

Again I repeat this is my point of view on the big picture so will you people (who want to debate) find some other thread to camp on and debate which is a better runner OR physics-based slingshot game. Cheers!

Temple Run has lost it's charm now a days , i find V2 to be good but nothing great. All the included additions is commendable though.
According to me Subway surfers owns a crown of Temple run used to 6 months ago.

Back