Temporary Accomodation in Kanpur

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys need help esp. from member residing in Up and similar North-east side.

My sister-in-law got selected for an internship in IIT Kanpur and she will be staying there for 3 months.

None of us have ever traveled to that part of our country so no clue about any atmosphere there pertaining to local culture, transport, people, food etc.

She needs help with accommodation though hostel will be the last resort she is looking for some PG accommodation or sharing with girl students as her stay will be barely for 100 odd days.
Please don't suggest hotel etc as its not feasible for a student as well as from financial Pov.

Looking for some local help esp. PG accommodation if anyone of you can accommodate her in their homes it will be great too.

She will require accommodation from May end through Aug 19.

Last edited:

My sister-in-law got selected for an internship in IIT Kanpur and she will be staying there for 3 months.

None of us have ever traveled to that part of our country so no clue about any atmosphere there pertaining to local culture, transport, people, food etc.

She needs help with accommodation though hostel will be the last resort she is looking for some PG accommodation or sharing with girl students as her stay will be barely for 100 odd days.
Please don't suggest hotel etc as its not feasible for a student as well as from financial Pov.

Looking for some local help esp. PG accommodation if anyone of you can accommodate her in their homes it will be great too.
let me check, if i can be of any help.. i am from kanpur, but putting up in lucknow. will let you know by tomorrow..

She will require accommodation from May end through Aug 19.
Is this some kind of summer project / internship?

Why don't you ask the IIT Kanpur guys to allot a temporary hostel room. Most rooms are empty during the summer break.
Or perhaps they can help with a subsidized guest house inside IIT campus.

Is this some kind of summer project / internship?

Why don't you ask the IIT Kanpur guys to allot a temporary hostel room. Most rooms are empty during the summer break.
Or perhaps they can help with a subsidized guest house inside IIT campus.
Ok will ask but the Internship is from 1st June to 30th August so not summer but post summer aka monsoon.

Back