Windows Terrified by recent Win 10 updating....biggest regret

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys I'm having one hell of a terrified worse experience ever since performed windows update this yr... regretting like anything now...:banghead::mad:

My system was working great until this yr only until by January end when I updated windows 10 to the latest patches and this screwed all my user experience.

Issues:
  • Games are running very slow, stuttering and frame rate drops no matter how low the gfx settings.
  • YT videos or any videos played in any browser are stuttering and creating hiccups (cpu/memory/disk i/o all reporting normal)
  • Windows default search box gets useless after 3-4 searches performed. (MS is still working on a fix.. joke!)
More to that, I tried uninstalling last applied patches but only 3-4 were successful while rest its showing only for Nov 19 and earlier.

A cumulative Feb 20 update isn't getting uninstalled (it got uninstalled the first time but the entry still exists in add/remove programs..)
Getting this error (now image from my pc)

1582614415367.png

1582614435245.png

1582614769299.png

I sincerely wish to rollback my system to Dec 19 to get back my blissful experience...

**Original post updated with my pc pics.

Attachments

• 1582554203841.png
    1582554203841.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Reinstall windows ? If possible, best way to solve this or else
Check Event viewer for all possible issues and post logs here

For all those slowness and stuttering no logs are generated. Earlier until Jan my system was running butter-smooth with whatever I threw at it... Now even at basic stuff it is struggling... even if I load 506 tabs in firefox as well.

Cannot afford to reinstall at any cost mate..... this OS is as is since 2k18 and lots configured deeper into roots.
Just need a concrete way to remove all recent updated shit.

this OS is as is since 2k18 and lots configured deeper into roots.

this must be the underlying reason for these issues. reinstall highly recommended.

what disk do you have? HDD or SSD? checked it for errors? RAM check memtest also. sometimes bad disk or RAM make such "unknown" errors creep into system.

Can you tell us anything about this update ? i had one over the weekend but i've not yet moved to 1909

Some people said there were bugs so i've skipped it. Fortunately they don't force it yet.

Can you tell us anything about this update ? i had one over the weekend but i've not yet moved to 1909

Some people said there were bugs so i've skipped it. Fortunately they don't force it yet.
I moved to 1909 back in Nov or Dec 2019 & there wasn't any issue at all.
As said, all shit started in Feb which I can point to Jan-end updates.
Post automatically merged:

this must be the underlying reason for these issues. reinstall highly recommended.

what disk do you have? HDD or SSD? checked it for errors? RAM check memtest also. sometimes bad disk or RAM make such "unknown" errors creep into system.
Alls good man, all hardware rock solid.
Really cannot afford to reinstall as have configured many stuff over these years and wont recall much to reconfig and do all settings. Will have to literally take a complete week off if I ever have to start afresh...

If its a HDD check with Hard Disk Sentinel. If it ain't bad sectors then it could be some driver messing around as well. Try updating all device drivers.

I hope you aren't using a Radeon card with all their driver woes of late.

Windows updates screwed me like this too once because of my habit of updating immediately but fortunately I have weekly image backups going on so rolling back was easy.

In the future guys please set up the automated image backup on a weekly basis or so. I have never had to reinstall a clean OS on all 3 of my PCs since 2015 with this approach.

1582566551952.png

Attachments

• 1582566178300.png
    1582566178300.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 333
I moved to 1909 back in Nov or Dec 2019 & there wasn't any issue at all.
As said, all shit started in Feb which I can point to Jan-end updates.
Have you found others online with the same issues after this update ? or is it just you

Windows updates screwed me like this too once because of my habit of updating immediately but fortunately I have weekly image backups going on so rolling back was easy.

In the future guys please set up the automated image backup on a weekly basis or so. I have never had to reinstall a clean OS on all 3 of my PCs since 2015 with this approach.
^THIS

What software do you use to make & restore these backups

Last edited:
Have you found others online with the same issues after this update ? or is it just you

^THIS

What software do you use to make & restore these backups

Use the in-built Backup And Restore (Windows 7) option within control panel to create system images. You can select specific libraries only to cut down on the size as well. I select Appdata,Desktop and the last option for the system image shown below. My Downloads/Documents etc. libraries are on D drive so no problem if the C drive gets formatted.

1582570398436.png

You can restore from Recovery in Control Panel as shown below or you can restore the image from Windows setup system recovery in case PC fails to boot as well.

1582570681955.png

If you need detailed tutorials here you go-

Last edited:
Reinstalling OS is almost always the best but the hardest solution to fix any software related problem after an "upgrade/update" lol but no-one wants to do that :)

Reinstalling OS is almost always the best but the hardest solution to fix any software related problem after an "upgrade/update" lol but no-one wants to do that :)
Back in the day with Windows xp I used to format almost every 6 months and had a folder called Post Format Software to reinstall my applications. ;)

But nowadays with the tweaks we have to make to Windows to avoid telemetry and game libraries running north of 100s of Gigs its a PITA to go for format and its the last resort nuking option now.

Really cannot afford to reinstall as have configured many stuff over these years and wont recall much to reconfig and do all settings.

What I am saying is that probably this exact "configured many stuff over these years" is what is causing the issues with latest windows updates. The windows update must not be able to handle the customised configuration and MS has forgotten something that is causing the issues.

Why don't you pretend that your disk crashed and you have to install windows anyway and do it man :D

Guys original post has been updated with pics from my pc.

@Sobirvs : Its a SSD. Kindly check my signature for all details.
@vishalrao : Pretending and actual issues are two different things man.
@Marcus Fenix : Yes many users reporting issues esp. after Feb updates and MS got no concrete answers yet.

You don't have too many tried and tested options now.

All you can do at this point is trial and error if you don't want to do a clean install.

Check out this guy who had an issue with the Defragger but I am guessing it is a HDD as why wouldyou defragment a SSD?

Unfortunately this is the best I can do in this case.

Can you try uninstalling the 1909 update ? Many guides online how to do so.
Also try removing Flash/browsers and any such softwares that you can reinstall and see if it helps.

Can you try uninstalling the 1909 update ? Many guides online how to do so.
Also try removing Flash/browsers and any such softwares that you can reinstall and see if it helps.
Actually 1909 worked flawlessly with zero issues. Wont mind removing that but will removing it also auto-remove all recent/latest year 2020 updates as well? This is my concern.
As if you refer to the below image, the highlighted updates are the one I feel are problematic but there is no way to uninstall them via Program/Features. The entries doesn't show up at all!

1582625939370.png

Remove all net framework and flash / flash player. test your system after that. If issues still there, then more likely of a bad windows OS update ( 1909 and its updates )
You can try uninstall 1909 so all updates should go as well. If stable then keep it there and stop windows from updating in near future till the next big update.

Do keep multiple instances of restore points just in case any uninstall creates more issues.

I myself havent updated to 1909 after reading of issues on reddit.

Back in the day with Windows xp I used to format almost every 6 months and had a folder called Post Format Software to reinstall my applications. ;)

But nowadays with the tweaks we have to make to Windows to avoid telemetry and game libraries running north of 100s of Gigs its a PITA to go for format and its the last resort nuking option now.
Nuking option hahaha :) I still do the same bro. Post installation I use ccleaner/Revo to uninstall almost all junk. Just calculator is left out. IE and EDGE can't be uninstalled so I have to let it there. Really makes a ton of difference.

What I am saying is that probably this exact "configured many stuff over these years" is what is causing the issues with latest windows updates. The windows update must not be able to handle the customised configuration and MS has forgotten something that is causing the issues.

Why don't you pretend that your disk crashed and you have to install windows anyway and do it man :D
Yep! :)

It is best in terms of most efficient. Down time is the least.

The question is how much time do you have

Back