Terror suspects used gaming sites

fractal

Disciple
Article on the tech savvy terrorists.

DNA - Mumbai - ‘Suspects used gaming sites to communicate’ - Daily News & Analysis

After investigating agencies started cracking down on terrorists by tracking mobile phones and e-mails sent by them, the terror suspects of the Indian Mujahideen (IM) stayed one step ahead of the agencies by communicating through gaming websites and messenger services, the police said.

“There are several gaming websites. These games can be played by two different people and they can also chat while they are playing the game,” a senior crime branch official, who did not wish to be named, said. “Indian Mujahideen activists used such sites to send messages,” the official said.

Yeah tomorrows head line:-

"Tech savy police man-Sits on his PC so that it wouldnt hang.."

These guys need to buck up..

You dont need to be a superhero or villian to use these technologies..

Party Monger said:
Yeah tomorrows head line:-

"Tech savy police man-Sits on his PC so that it wouldnt hang.."

These guys need to buck up..

You dont need to be a superhero or villian to use these technologies..

+1. But IMO, both the police and media are equally guilty. Imagine all that noise over the "Techie Hackers" :rofl: :rofl:

How difficult is it to connect to an unprotected wi-fi router? :p I had to explain it to some friends of mine and we all laughed ourselves silly at the level of 'hacking' expertise required for the same :bleh:

Next we can have cops monitoring gaming servers . I hope they can settle scores online in CS/CZ until media accuses them of using scripts :p

Yesteryear's terrerists were illitrate or Madarsa scholars, but this year's terrerists are well educated, main stream youth with handsome carrier. We have witnessed involvement of doctors, engineers and MBA grads in this terrerist business which is a very dangerous situation for our country.

smAsh said:
Yesteryear's terrerists were illitrate or Madarsa scholars, but this year's terrerists are well educated, main stream youth with handsome carrier. We have witnessed involvement of doctors, engineers and MBA grads in this terrerist business which is a very dangerous situation for our country.

So what's big deal... are they aliens, are they superhumans? Get it man, cut the hype and stupid cop speak. If terrorists strike that's failure of police. Police and intelligence agencies too have have "techie-hackers" and ultra-smart people, one of the best in the India I would say. So what is holding them back.

Is it not lethargy? or corruption? or Stupid political bosses who play politics over these issues and selectively deploy the forces.

By claiming that today's terrorists are some kind of superhumans is just BS dished out to hide the failures of the state.

Moreover this lose talk gives an aura of some sort of super abilities to the terrorists even when in reality they are a bunch of fanatics who do no more than cowardly killing a few innocents. It turns them into some kind of a potent force, and gives a reason to those who wield power to tighten their control over society by bringing in the so called "safety measures" that you can bet will be used to harass more people, give new powers to cops that will be used by politicians and police for their own gains and create an atmosphere where the only losers will be commoners.

^^ In my opinion the police doesn't have the services of the top people in hacking etc at their disposal. Our government doesn't pay their employees enough and hence you see more and more people shifting to private jobs. A personal observation is that the general level of the newer batch of professors in colleges is not as good as the older ones. No one wants to do a police / teaching / armed forces job as there is so much disparity in payment.

Plus how do you anticipate a bomb attack. Where all do you place the security ? What lines do you tap ? Which regions do you consider as sensitive and suspicious ? All these are not simple to tackle. So grow up and stop blaming the administration for all and sundry. Terrorism can only be checked and never fully eradicated. The best way is to make the people aware and conscious of their surroundings. With the recent spate of bombings, I see people suspiciously eyeing any strange activity and I find it a step forward.

This discussion is always open for debate, with everyone having their own say, and I for once wanted to put mine forward.

Cheers !

~M

Back