TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Finally !!! Next year another 500 hours of my life well spent
<

Teaser over here

Re: Elder's Scroll V : Skyrim announced, dated

I think Elder Scrolls deserves a dedicated thread. It's still a kick ass RPG ! Tamriel was huge and diverse, hope they are able to build on it.

^^ yeah it does ...it might as well qualify to be given a separate section ....:p

oblivion was greaet .....am eying this one eagerly !!

111111....a no. to look after

jc36lect3r said:
I think Elder Scrolls deserves a dedicated thread. It's still a kick ass RPG ! Tamriel was huge and diverse, hope they are able to build on it.
yes it does.But when its released.Anyways you have to edit the thread title then later.

About elder scrolls V as i have already mentioned it seems like a sequel as the climax in oblivion's main story was not much satisfactory.
The dragon part in the trailer.If you remember Oblivion ends with martin turning into a dragon.:D

just the teeth ...:(

i am gonna dip my whole body in it .( i hope am alright ...by the time i am out :ashamed: )

@quan chi : Now that I think of it, you are right !

But was there any mention about Skyrim in Oblivion? I confess I didn't read through all the lore.

I hope they refine the overly complex leveling system, it got boring at times.

WOW woah...hold it there ...NO i hope not !! i hope they make make it more complex !! thats the charm of a RPG

^^ I still remember putting a weight on my spell cast key on the keyboard and going away for 30 mins just to get the perfect 5 after level up :(

jc36lect3r said:
@quan chi : Now that I think of it, you are right !

But was there any mention about Skyrim in Oblivion? I confess I didn't read through all the lore.

I hope they refine the overly complex leveling system, it got boring at times.
Though i don't remember the story correctly but i think there was no mention of skyrim.
anyways i too didnt liked the leveling system of oblivion much.The main repetitive thing in oblivion was closing all the oblivion gates.

New details emerge.

The latest issue of Game Informer contains fresh gameplay details on Bethesda's next massive title, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, set for release this November.

Skyrm's story is set 200 years after the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and the world of Tamriel is in shambles. The empire has fallen to the elves, the Blades are gone, the Nords hate each other, and a civil war is about the break out. Oh, and that big dragon the Elder Scrolls prophesied about? Yeah, he's arrived, too. Players will take control of the last remaining Dragonborn, a dragon hunter anointed by the gods to help fend off the threat.

Bethesda's newest title features a brand-spanking new engine where every object in the game now casts a shadow as well as improved draw-distances. Textures are sharper and more detailed and the environments are livelier. There's also the addition of a HUD-less first-person view and "improved" third-person camera option.

There will be five massive cities that span Skyrim's environment, which ranges from frozen tundra to rocky mountain tops. There is also new wildlife, such as Sabre-toothed Cats and Wooly Mammoths.

The combat is getting a bit of an overhaul, too. Players will be able to equip any weapon or spell to either hand at any time and even duel wield two of the same weapon. A new customizable menu is being added to help swap load-outs easily in battle.

Bethesda has also done away with the character class system and reworked the game's leveling mechanic. Players' skills will level up the more they are used, contributing to your overall level growth. "Raising one skill from 34 to 35 is going to level you faster than raising one from 11 to 12," Bethesda designer Todd Howard told the magazine. Players can also level pass 50, but it becomes much slower after that point.

The team has also added Fallout 3's perk system, where each new level gained allows players to add special abilities to their character, including increase in damage to dagger stealth attacks or allowing your mace to ignore enemy armor.

Skyrim's NPC conversations are a lot more realistic. Aside from including even more voice actors, the AI-controlled characters will actually move about and continue on with the activities they were doing before being interrupted. Towns also include more activities to do, such farming, mining, woodcutting and cooking.

Bethesda also revamped the game's menu system. Howard said the team used Apple's iTunes as inspiration and direction. Players will be greeted with a compass-style overlay with four options: Skill, Inventory, Map, and Magic. Weapons and spells can be tagged as a 'favorite' for quick selection. Every item is a 3D object than can be viewed and examined.

Read the full article at New Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Details - PC News at IGN

the early screens look awesome !

And BTW , the ranged weapons will be much better than oblivion ! Cause Melee and Dragons just dont mix togather !

Lets see what they have in store for us !

any predictions ( about what new ranged attacks will be there )

^ I hope its better !

melee in fallout 3 was not satisfying :(

or are you taking about something like V.A.T.S.?

Back