Tesla cars in India

Lol. Here GST has increased prices of hybrid cars. Piyush Goyal can dream all he wants of India weaning away from oil guzzling vehicles. His govt is working in the opposite direction by making it costlier to afford Eco friendly cars (or any car) though. Last I read in the paper, govt is considering increasing road tax and other charges so that less people can afford a car.

They might give "special relief" to fully-electric (note: not hybrid) cars like the content of the link in OP is hinting/suggesting - but I'm just hoping.

Here GST has increased prices of hybrid cars.
Blame the auto manufacturers for exploiting the FAME subsidy and providing only mild hybrid systems that come with a tiny battery and motor which isn't sufficient to propel a vehicle on battery power alone.
For full electric cars the GST is 12% apparently.

Well maybe things might change... with this whole climate change hoopla and 2030 govt "goal" to go all-electric... maybe... just maybe an Indian company will be able to shine in this field.

Think of some examples like ISRO, AMUL and what not. Yeah maybe they're govt/PSU based but at least they can be considered "Indian companies".

Invest now in stocks like Tata, Mahindra etc I say :p[DOUBLEPOST=1497617054][/DOUBLEPOST]And anyway, Tesla is an exception... they are beating the crap out of pretty much ALL the other global car companies trying to go all-electric. There are only a very few other good models, maybe, like the Chevy Volt or Toyota Prius etc. albeit different classes.

Back