Thailand Tour Iternary Help..

Guys/Gals..

I am looking to visit thailand with Family..(Me,Spouse,2 Daughters(5Years and another 6 months old)
Days 7D8N. time of vistit.. Jan-2nd week..
Location.. Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket/Krabi..

Can anyone help me with tour iternary..hotel location .. if any will be appreciated.
This will be my first foreign visit., Plz mention any major points to remember..

One of my cousins planned her HoneyMoon to above destination(s) few years ago..
Couple was happy with the tour..
They both selected the destination, @ that time I suggested them to check with few travel agencies and get details about visit..
I would recommend you doing same.. You will atleast get an idea what/where/how to visit those places in your required time, with best family hotels lists..
Hope that will be helpful.. to plan safe and happy journey.

I have gone through locations to visit of the 4 locations.. But travel and order of place visit .. is a query... Plus mode of transport..

I have gone through locations to visit of the 4 locations.. But travel and order of place visit .. is a query... Plus mode of transport..
Yes, You can get more details about same from those travel partners/agencies like veenaworld, makemytrip, etc. etc.
Just ask them you are planning for visit to those places and require more details about same.
Mode of transport, locations etc. including total costs of travel, stay, transport, etc.

Show them you are more interested in buying this travel plan from them, also mention about the infant..
So they take you seriously and do needful..
ITs not a compulsion to buy from them, once you get details ;)

Guys/Gals..

I am looking to visit thailand with Family..(Me,Spouse,2 Daughters(5Years and another 6 months old)

Can anyone help me with tour iternary..hotel location .. if any will be appreciated.
This will be my first foreign visit., Plz mention any major points to remember..

Do you want to plan on your own entirely or through an agency with some ideas that we can share ?

I want to plan.. i have jotted down the locations to visit.
My request is .. htoel location area.. travel mode .. and route of travel..ie krabi/phuket/pattay/bangkok and for how many days..

First question is whether you want to invest time to plan eveything or relying on someone else to do and probably take organized tour.

I went for my honeymoon (back in 2011) to Phuket and Bangkok. I was planning Krabi but didn't go there and Pattaya wasn't on list.

Phuket was beautiful. I strongly suggest NOT TO book the local Phuket tours from here. Best is to shop there as it is cheaper and there are several shops on main street. They will bargain and stop you and book with them like it is done in India.

There is Bangla street in phuket where night life happens. Not sure if allowed but we were able to go that beach in middle of ocean (i guess it was in some Lianardo de Caprio movie).

@ raksrules ..i have my visit location listed out in the 4 places.. i wanted to know.. where should i book hotels in these 4 cities..and no. of days allocation to each location

Guys/Gals..

Ok.

1. 7 days is less for 4 places. You will be rushing most of the places. Phuket is far away, its either an overnight bus or a flight journey. Are you taking flight between places or cab or bus ?
If you want to stick to 4 places,
Bangkok - 2/Pattaya - 1/Phuket 2 /Krabi 2

If you want to drop 1 place, it will be Phuket just for the time taken and hassle with family travelling and then you can really enjoy the other places. Bangkok is huge and if you want to go to the good spots, you need 2 -3 days there itself which your schedule wont allow you.

Day1 - Bangkok
Day2 - Krabi
Day3 - Krabi
Day4 - Phuket
Day5 - Phuket
Day6 - Pattaya
Day7 - Bangkok

Pattaya is close to Bangkok ( 3 hours ) so you can go there and come back same day or stay overnight and come next day depending on schedule. Think again if you want to do 3 or 4 places.

2. Hotel - whats your budget per day ?

3. Points to remember
Travel with thai cash distributed with your wife or have a travelers card loaded with money prehand. If taking taxi, make sure its by meter or you can do uber also for local travel. Dont leave money or expensive things back in the hotel unless you have a locker
Touts are everywhere so dont fall for any typical tourist traps. stick to your plan
If you are shopping, expensive things can lead to customs when you come back so know the limits of carry.
Any local tours you take can be booked at hotel or travel shops that are everywhere. Do remember these tours will be fast from 1 place to another so you will have to adjust as per their schedule and other people will be on it also as its mostly shared. Private tours are expensive.

If you want to know anything particular, let us know.

i will be travelling by flight from india to thailand and back.... thailand tours will be by cab/etc.. hotel budget 5k per day..extend upto 7k..max

Don't want to screw your plans but with a 6 month old, you sure you want to do this. I only ask this since I was planning a cruise vacation next year and my younger would be 1.5 years by then but still still insists he becomes 3-4 and then we can go.

Phuket etc have stuff like water travel and small beach excursions and such. It is best enjoyed with a slightly older child (your older one at 6 years is fine but younger is small).

We are taking our 1 year old (elder is 5.5 years) to Mahabaleshwar next weekend to see how things work out.

But if you still plan it, as someone else mentioned, 4 places is too much in 6 days. Phuket isn't near Bangkok and even Krabi I think. We took a flight from Mumbai to Phuket which went via Bangkok and our next leg was Bangkok so for that too we had flight from Phuket to Bangkok. I had done some research then and it was I think overnight journey by bus from Bangkok to Phuket.

For Thailand, booking hotels & flights from India is much cheaper than booking there, since the currency exchange rate is going to more than double the prices.

You can get good 2 bhk suites for less than 2k per day in Bangkok & Phuket, if booked from India. We stayed in an OYO in Bangkok, it was a serviced apartment with swimming pool for around ₹1800 per day.

You also need to book flights from Bangkok to Phuket and vice-versa. Usually its 1.2k -2k per person, per side and takes about one hour. Buses and trains are also available but they will take an overnight journey.

Get the boat trips from Phuket itself. Bargain hard. It would be around 1000 bahts per person per day. Krabi requires a night-stay. Other islands can be visited in day-trip. You can also decided to night-stay in Phi-phi islands.
There are speedboats and big boats. It is better to take big boats if you have infants, as speed boats make people sick.

i will be travelling by flight from india to thailand and back.... thailand tours will be by cab/etc.. hotel budget 5k per day..extend upto 7k..max

bangkok to phuket has to be be flight or overnight cab. not sure cab rates. hope you have researched this as the two places are quite far.
Oyo will be decent option in general. otherwise there are 1000's of hotels.

In Bangkok, stay neat sukhumvit area. In Krabi, Ao Nang district. Pattaya, either Jomtien or Pattaya city. Phuket, near Patong area.

You are planning to cover too many destinations in 7 days. You would get tired and won't be able to enjoy the holiday. I would suggest you to trim down the locations. What are you looking forward to on this trip: City Tour, Island Hopping, Party Places, Museum/Zoo Visit, Water Sports?

Since i will be with my family (2 child).. i am looking for City tour/Museum/Zoo visit/ little bit of water sports.. Island hopping not desired..

Since i will be with my family (2 child).. i am looking for City tour/Museum/Zoo visit/ little bit of water sports.. Island hopping not desired..

your reply tells me you should go through a package tour from a travel agency or online from one of the online sites like makemytrip.
I re read your query and since its your first time and with 2 kids, dont take any chances and just go through an agency package tour.

You are planning to cover too many destinations in 7 days. You would get tired and won't be able to enjoy the holiday. I would suggest you to trim down the locations. What are you looking forward to on this trip: City Tour, Island Hopping, Party Places, Museum/Zoo Visit, Water Sports?

+1 . Too many dstination in 7 days. I too have booked to phuket / Krabi from 20-27 May but my idea of vocations is to do sight seeing & relax . Just hoping that corona epidemic stops well in time. would suggest to do either bangkok / pattya or Phuket / Krabi . with a kid, it will be too tough to cover 4 place in a span of 7 days unless u wan to do touch & go at each place.

I intend to stay 4 days in phuket and 3 days in phi phi island. Hotel... i am booked in IHG hotels everywhere. I did helped that i am a spire elite member there so booked all hotels against points i have collect over past years of travel ti US / Europe but look at traveladvisor.. its a wealth of info for hotels in all budget ranges.

Flight - currently lowest is via sigapore airlines. Costed me 41 K for 2 Pax .. booked via make my trip...I always prefer full service carriers to LCC. GO & Indigo do fly to puket but their prices are atleast 6-10 K Above singapore for 2 pax , more over problem with go & indigo is that they reach/ Leave in morning while i wanted to do a over night journey. Do PM me if you wan to share notes.

Hope above helps.

Back