PC Peripherals The All Powerful in Bangalore - Alienware

l33t

Adept
Hello TEians ,

So the Alienware Cafe in India is up and running , awesome place , swank looks , killer rigs and a free 3D gaming preview in one of their rigs , it was the half hour of heaven for me ..

Section Moderators , Sorry for uploading full size pictures of the scanned brouchres as resizing the image will render the image useless, the rig specs wont be visible then , also I really dont know where to place the thread

350qoso.jpg

wahvtg.png

The place is a showroom cum gaming cafe , the cafe is behind the the showroom. The showroom houses the following models , the current prices for the models which the sales executive told me was

(ALL INCLUSIVE OF TAXES , 1 Year 24x7 "doorstep" :S support)

The guy tells me all the laptops/destops are completely customizable acc. to needs , He doesnt seem to be very familiar with the rig specs , has to look into the books every time I ask a question and has a fair bit of attitude :mad: He never allowed me to take any pictures :no:

The prices indicated are the prices for the base models , no optimization - basic package

Picked up some of the brochures for letting you all know what they are really upto...

Laptops -

1. M11x (Rs 69.9k) - CPU Options are either the C2D or Intel i3 atm

242a9kx.jpg

walq3a.jpg

2. M15x (Rs 98.5k)

2w4bkf8.jpg

2i91bfa.jpg

3. M17x (Rs 1.32 Lacs)

bi311k.jpg

mw72ma.jpg

Desktops -

Aurora - (Rs 1.20 Lacs)

35ko5eq.jpg

16j4gtk.jpg

ALX - (Rs 2.0 Lacs)

No brouchres available at the moment , will update once he has them

Area-51 / Area-51 (coming soon)

Not in India Yet

TactX Keyboard - Rs. 6k

AW Mouse ( Sales guy calls it "RAZER MOUSE" :S ) - Rs 4.5k

AW Headphone - Rs 5k

Alienware Cap :hap2: Rs 350 :no:

So behind the showroom lies the 18 sweet AW Rigs , 9 of them were ALX and the rest Auroras

Games on steam - available games were - Avatar , COD4 , WoW , CS : Source , A-C , Dirt 2 , TF2 , L4D, L4D2 and DoD , played Dirt 2 for an hour or so , pretty fine :)

Charges are 100 rupees per hour - pretty bang for buck factor compared to Zapak gaming arena

bjbfbl.jpg

All in all the experience was truly amazing !! :clap:

The store is located at :

# 644, 80 Feet Road, 4th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore.

Landmarks : Sony world Koramangala , Opp Maharaja Hotel , Beside HP Petrol bunk

PS : Let me know if there were any typos or errors

Thanks for reading guys :hap2:

They're charging 69.9K for a laptop with a 11 inch WLED screen. I wonder what kind of gaming can be done on one of those.

All in all, a lot of good eye candy and maybe an option for the well to do but not so tech savvy laptop gamer.

I wonder if they'll find takers for the Aurora though. Many of us geeks and gamers take pride in putting our own rig together.

The m11x at $750-900 (for c2d/corei3) is a brilliant deal in the US. you can play pretty much every game albeit at dialed down settings..
70k is wayy overpriced.. it almost a 80-90% margin :O

Total rip-off! :rofl:

And not a single laptop has an SSD init? :O So much for being all powerful!

Those chairs look comfy. :p

thumb down cause 1 hour 100 r.s overcharge and there is no latest games like call of duty mow2 bioshock and much more even best lan games like dota cs 1.6 + some old racing games

and the price is so ridiculous due to high profit charge ;)

even another laptop has i5 with ati 5640 are cheaper and better just 5% performance compare with cpu and gpu speed ;)

Desecrator said:
Total rip-off! :rofl:

And not a single laptop has an SSD init? :O So much for being all powerful!

Those chairs look comfy. :p

Actually the M11x has an SSD option. If they can give the i5 with optimus graphics for 55-60k with warranty, its worth it. The other ones are useless.

Chaos said:
Actually the M11x has an SSD option. If they can give the i5 with optimus graphics for 55-60k with warranty, its worth it. The other ones are useless.
The problem with that is that the M11x being a 12inch chassis can take just the 1HDD.. Given a gaming rig is gonna need at the very least a 160GB drive, and also given how expensive SSDs are right now, I don't see that being sold for anything below a lakh in India..

The best option to buy an M11x for someone in India would be to find a visiting relative/friend to the US and get it through him/her.. With Dell's easy warranty transfer policy that should work out nice enough.
PS - @chaos.. are you still allowed to play video games??:rofl:

Chaos said:
With just one hard drive option, it's useless.

EDIT: spimmer has just posted that. :p

Well, it IS a pretty costly option , but the main intention of my post was to more of a store walkthrough rating type not really judging their products more like a store review kind , lol im confused

Forgot the Movie where they Were doing clerical jobs On an Alienware :)

@l33t very Detailed And interesting walkthrough Mate,there were no typos But u did type "The" twice Just Below the Showroom peek

Great effort nevertheless letting us know How Muggers from Us Look like :mad::mad:

gaming on a 11" WLED :ashamed::ashamed:

l33t said:
Well, it IS a pretty costly option , but the main intention of my post was to more of a store walkthrough rating type not really judging their products more like a store review kind , lol im confused
you do realize our conversation had not too much to do with you and was just directed at alienware pricing in India, in general.. right? :)

And 70k for M11x with the SU7300 processor - That is the base model at 800$ in the US ?? All the more rubbish pricing :mad:

stalker said:
The problem with that is that the M11x being a 12inch chassis can take just the 1HDD.. Given a gaming rig is gonna need at the very least a 160GB drive, and also given how expensive SSDs are right now, I don't see that being sold for anything below a lakh in India..

The best option to buy an M11x for someone in India would be to find a visiting relative/friend to the US and get it through him/her.. With Dell's easy warranty transfer policy that should work out nice enough.

PS - @chaos.. are you still allowed to play video games??:rofl:
True - one drive means you are limited to mechanical drives as far as practicality goes :p.

As far as gaming goes, good thing is my wife likes gaming as well :D

Chaos said:
True - one drive means you are limited to mechanical drives as far as practicality goes :p.

As far as gaming goes, good thing is my wife likes gaming as well :D
Maybe one can try the Seagate hybrid drives. Reviews state they are decent at increasing performance and decent capacity too. I am thinking of picking one up to speed up an older lappy.

techie_007 said:
Maybe one can try the Seagate hybrid drives. Reviews state they are decent at increasing performance and decent capacity too. I am thinking of picking one up to speed up an older lappy.
Take a look at the mini review that went up on engadget just now.. also the more detailed dissection on AT.

The XTs are good for OS drives and for apps that you use regularly... Not really ground shattering improvements for data transfer and such..

@chaos: Good for you saar :)

Dont know about their value for money on their laptops and desktops......But surely the Alienware cafe...is something special...I dont mind a 1hr@100...
But I need one cafe made in kolkata.... hee hee....:p

Anyways grt post l33t

Back