The Best-Ever FreeWare Utilities *New 'N' Updated*

The Best Ever FreeWare Utilities...

Phew... Man That Was One Hell Of A List... :O

Ah... Well Here's The Source: TechSupport Alert

THESE R RECOMMENDED BY TECHSUPPORTALERT AND NOT ME...!!!

A very nice list. I can see you put a lot ofwork into it. I would like to point out that there are many freeware versions of most of these programs. Whats best for one person may not be for another.

I agree to Nitnay,
The Best S/w in various categories depends upon personal experience and personal opinion from the experience.
Thus i oppose the list in a few aspects:p

Technoâ„¢ said:
Hey Hey Hey... These R Not My Favs., I Don't Even Use 5 Out Of The Above... :mad:

Read The Post Guys... :p
U Guyz Really Got On My Head... :tongue:

Hehe......

sorry for that :p
But, after reading the list, and getting angry, ppl dont read the Last line :p

Boomshankar said:
hmm....
Best free audio player - Foobar2000 www.foobar2000.org

get footunes UI plugin, the default interface looks like shit :p

May be for u. But its Winamp for me.
I might as well admit that no major changes have been done to winamp since 2.xx except for a few cosmetic changes & bug fixes. (Due to poor and sh*tty management of AOL).
Still I like it for its ease of use & hell lot of gr8 skins. :cool2:

~HeadShot~ said:
May be for u. But its Winamp for me.

I might as well admit that no major changes have been done to winamp since 2.xx except for a few cosmetic changes & bug fixes. (Due to poor and sh*tty management of AOL).

Still I like it for its ease of use & hell lot of gr8 skins. :cool2:
ease of use...winamp wins hands down :yes:
it took me 2 weeks to get used to foobar...the audio clarity is waaaaay more than winamp......
EDIT : Ujjwal...u r sooo slooo...:p

^ Tie between Linux & BSD IMO ;)

Nice list there Tecno :) maybe we can form a list here with atleast 3 candidates for each catagory ;)

BTW, microsoft antispyware may be free for NT based operating system users, but its not for win 9x :(

guru said:
Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware is free for personal use. Its the best i've come across.

Wrong.

The prerequisite is u shud hve legally purchased a windows xp/2000. How can it then be free??

It's more like getting an helmet for free when u buy a motorbike.

BTW, U can't (or not allowed to) use it in bootlegged versions as per M$ EULA (end users agreement, the one u click "I AGREE" before installing it). And it is not available for any windows 9x versions or for any other os.

And, most importantly, its just a beta software, which is free for testing purposes only, with a definite expiry date. The expiry date is clearly printed on the page which shows the version no. of antispyware. And microsoft has never said it is going to be free when the final version comes.

So basically, it's a trial software given out to those who own a legally purchased version of certain M$ software for testing purposes for a period of time. Pls don't confuse this as "FREE".

I cannot say anything with illegal use. If that's the case, then allmost all softwares out there, including all microsoft softwares, will definitely qualify for competing as "FREE softwares "

msas2xk.gif
See the screenshot

PS: What's happening with the "edit" button????

Bill gates in his speech a few weeks back has already said MS Antispyware would be free will post a link wen i have some time to search

Back