The book I am reading currently

Finished 'Inherent Vice' by Thomas Pynchon - psychedelic Noir , Set in 60's LA tell us about pot smoking detective trying to solve a twisted funny case.Lovely read.

Finished Lost Symbol too. Least favorite Landon story.

Inferno > Te lost symbol.(May be in minority here :p ) - especially loved the third act in Inferno.

Finished
  • Malice - Keigo Higashino - author's 3rd book I have read. As usual, nice suspense till the end.
  • Murder on Orient Express - Agatha Christie - wow !!! One of best thriller I have read (or watched).
  • Odessa File - Frederick Forsyth - typical Forsyth thriller with a close view on the Holocaust.

Started reading
  • The Afghan - another Forsyth's. But I am finding it difficult to proceed with this...stuck after around 50 pages. So started another...
  • Mightier than the Sword - Jeffrey Archer - Clifton Chronicle #5.

It has been a long time but I remember hating it too.

One, the whole premise about writing letter to Chinese Prime Minister makes no sense. Are Chinese Stupid? Or are they little kids? And Adiga/narrator is warning how they should be wary of this creepy Indian man who's luring them with a candy?

Two, it felt like the author is suffering from inferiority complex about being Indian or something. The book is filled with incoherent and pessimistic rambling about how living in India sucks and how China is better than us etc. Adiga/narrator is a naive person who thinks China is not riddled with poverty, corruption and nepotism. Given a choice between India and China, I'd choose in India any day.

It was like a worse Slumdog Millionaire but written by a bitter and cynical Indian. At least former made some sense considering Danny Boyle handled that film from 'Bollywood-as-a -genre' angle instead of using and sticking to one genre.

It has been a long time but I remember hating it too.

One, the whole premise about writing letter to Chinese Prime Minister makes no sense. Are Chinese Stupid? Or are they little kids? And Adiga/narrator is warning how they should be wary of this creepy Indian man who's luring them with a candy?

Two, it felt like the author is suffering from inferiority complex about being Indian or something. The book is filled with incoherent and pessimistic rambling about how living in India sucks and how China is better than us etc. Adiga/narrator is a naive person who thinks China is not riddled with poverty, corruption and nepotism. Given a choice between India and China, I'd choose in India any day.

It was like a worse Slumdog Millionaire but written by a bitter and cynical Indian. At least former made some sense considering Danny Boyle handled that film from 'Bollywood-as-a -genre' angle instead of using and sticking to one genre.

LOL. It is satire.

When I first read White Tiger, I was in 10 standard or something. (or say unmatured idiot)

I read it again later, after few years later, after I beginning to understand the world(or India), people and beginning to work etc...the whole thing makes every fcking sense. It's brilliant book.

9/10 from me.

What is the zip file?[DOUBLEPOST=1426067435][/DOUBLEPOST]

I hated it to the core.

Lol helping a buddy transfer some files from office. His email wasn't working.

Its also how I got emulators and ROMs int my office. God bless tech enclave. :D

Last edited:
Back