The book I am reading currently

Long time since i have updated this thread. So here goes:
1. Brock E Deskins - The sorcerer's path (8 books) - 8/10. Liked all the books. Great characters.
2. Andrew Beery - Catherine Kimbridge Chronicles (7 Books) - 7/10. Good Timepass,
3. Doug Dandridge - Empires at war (11 books) - 9/10. Loved the universe the book is set in.
4. Kal Spriggs - The Shadow Space Chronicles (4 Books) - 7/10. Good Sci-fi.
5. K.B.Wagers - The Indrana War (2 Books) - 9/10. Fascinating.
6. Joel Shepherd - Cassandra Cresnov Series (2 Books) - 7/10. Good.
7. Joel Shepherd - The spiral Wars Series (3 Books) - 8/10.
8. Ian Douglas - The Star Carrier Series (3 Books) - 8/10.
9. Ian W Sainsbury - The World Walker Series (3 Books) - 8/10.
10. Christopher G Nutall - The Angel in Whirlwind (3 Books) - 7/10. Decent Sci-fi.
11. Mitchell Hogan - Sorcert Ascendent Series (3 Books) - 8/10. Liked it.
12. Kel Kade - Kings Dark Tidings (2 Books) 8/10. Enjoyed it.
13. Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files (3 Books) - 7/10. Decent.
14. M.D.Cooper - The Intrepid Saga (6 Boks) - 8/10. Loved It.
15. Raymond L Weil - The Originator Series (6 Books) - 9/10. Excellent.
16. Duncan Hamilton - The wolf of the north (2 Books) - 9/10. Amazing.
17. J D Franx - The Darkness Within (2 Books) - 9/10. One of the best series i have read.Amazing characters and incredible universe.

This and many more. Will update another time. Made proper use of Kindle Unlimited.

Last edited:
Long time since i have updated this thread. So here goes:
1. Brock E Deskins - The sorcerer's path (8 books) - 8/10. Liked all the books. Great characters.
2. Andrew Beery - Catherine Kimbridge Chronicles (7 Books) - 7/10. Good Timepass,
3. Doug Dandridge - Empires at war (11 books) - 9/10. Loved the universe the book is set in.
4. Kal Spriggs - The Shadow Space Chronicles (4 Books) - 7/10. Good Sci-fi.
----
----

This and many more. Will update another time. Made proper use of Kindle Unlimited.

Wow, thats a huge list. :eek:

Finished "S.P.Q.R" by Mary Beard, its an awesome look into the First millennium of Roman civilization.

Now started with "The wizard and the glass" - Book four of The Dark tower series

Recently read:
  • Sita - by Amish. I like the depiction of 'gods' as mortals, done quite nicely for some.
  • Harry Potter Book 1 : quite late for the party. watched the first movie when it came, didn't liked much. so skipped the book till now. got the paperback recently in some deal. Found the book quite okayish, may be I am too old for it now.
  • Sapiens - reading for last few months. I am not really finding it interesting after the 'agri revolution' chapter.

Recently read:
  • Sita - by Amish. I like the depiction of 'gods' as mortals, done quite nicely for some.
  • Harry Potter Book 1 : quite late for the party. watched the first movie when it came, didn't liked much. so skipped the book till now. got the paperback recently in some deal. Found the book quite okayish, may be I am too old for it now.
  • Sapiens - reading for last few months. I am not really finding it interesting after the 'agri revolution' chapter.
Not sure about the age part but the books are much much better than the movies. Lots to learn about friendship and values (even in adverse situations) from the later books(book 4 onwards)

Completed The Holocaust by Laurence Rees. A tome of a book. Followed it up with hours and hours of Holocaust Revision History reading.

Currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo (translation by Robin Buss, Unabridged).

Bottle of Lies by Katherine Eban: Astonishing details on Indian generic pharma companies (both good and bad), their development, evolution and current scenario. Had a WTF moment every 5-6 pages.
I work in the same industry and had no idea how Cipla's ideology was, say different, from Sun or Ranbaxy.
Splendid read. Highly recommended.

Bottle of Lies by Katherine Eban: Astonishing details on Indian generic pharma companies (both good and bad), their development, evolution and current scenario. Had a WTF moment every 5-6 pages.
I work in the same industry and had no idea how Cipla's ideology was, say different, from Sun or Ranbaxy.
Splendid read. Highly recommended.

would have loved to read this but its 1500 ... wow

would have loved to read this but its 1500 ... wow
If you have ever taken any medication, it's an essential read.
I work in the same industry, and I know that most of the drug manufacturing in India and China is essentially shit with no QC, but never knew the situation is so bad.
The book primarily focuses on Ranbaxy, which basically sold drugs with no or little API in them for well over 40 years in multiple countries, but then it touches over other companies too, like Dr Reddy's, Glenmark, Zydus etc and the kind of shitshow FDA has seen at their plants. Have personally experienced multiple instances when generics (rather branded generics) would just not work, and having moved to a brand name drug solved the issue in days (most notable example being I've never found any brand of Clarithromycin to work adequately in most of my patients except Claribid (made by Pfizer), to the extent I have to warn them not to change it to any other brand/generic). I stopped using most branded generics (i.e. Indian/Chinese manufactured variants) about 4-5 years ago for my family members, except the superstar drugs (like Telma for Glenmark, which is their flagship brand), but now when I think about some of the symptoms my mom and dad sometimes experience, I do think it can be due to erratic release of the API in blood due to no QC by manufacturing sites. Time to change them to costlier branded versions.
The situation is worsening as almost all generic MNCs have moved their production to India or China, with almost no regulatory oversight. Many of the times, even the MNCs have no clue as to what is happening at the plant. Scary.

If you have ever taken any medication, it's an essential read.
I work in the same industry, and I know that most of the drug manufacturing in India and China is essentially shit with no QC, but never knew the situation is so bad.
The book primarily focuses on Ranbaxy, which basically sold drugs with no or little API in them for well over 40 years in multiple countries, but then it touches over other companies too, like Dr Reddy's, Glenmark, Zydus etc and the kind of shitshow FDA has seen at their plants. Have personally experienced multiple instances when generics (rather branded generics) would just not work, and having moved to a brand name drug solved the issue in days (most notable example being I've never found any brand of Clarithromycin to work adequately in most of my patients except Claribid (made by Pfizer), to the extent I have to warn them not to change it to any other brand/generic). I stopped using most branded generics (i.e. Indian/Chinese manufactured variants) about 4-5 years ago for my family members, except the superstar drugs (like Telma for Glenmark, which is their flagship brand), but now when I think about some of the symptoms my mom and dad sometimes experience, I do think it can be due to erratic release of the API in blood due to no QC by manufacturing sites. Time to change them to costlier branded versions.
The situation is worsening as almost all generic MNCs have moved their production to India or China, with almost no regulatory oversight. Many of the times, even the MNCs have no clue as to what is happening at the plant. Scary.
As someone who interned at some of these places I can vouch for some of the issues in the book too. During my interns we have to reverse engineer a chemical patent and even after multiple centrifuge runs nothing happened. The company man directing our internship came and changed the numbers using whitener and simply writing over it.

Though I felt the bashing has to be measured against what is the cause behind the rise of generics. R&D costs are high and because US has insurance paid programs people get away with high price. But, there are others who need lower price even if the price is too good to be true, people still want to believe it.

Last edited:
Back