The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a question why Instagram is so popular. I installed it on the iPhone and tried but found that it can only take pictures and apply a set of preset effects to the picture (filters). I might be wrong and do not know the power of this particular app but not sure why this particular app is so popular ? :huh:

PS: Instagram lovers don't bash me. :ashamed:

Have a question why Instagram is so popular. I installed it on the iPhone and tried but found that it can only take pictures and apply a set of preset effects to the picture (filters). I might be wrong and do not know the power of this particular app but not sure why this particular app is so popular ? :huh:

PS: Instagram lovers don't bash me. :ashamed:

Its like asking "why fb is soo popular"
Instagram is nothing but sharing your day to day more casual and professional pictures. Once you start sharing, you will be addicted.
Just click some of your ideas and let the world knew about you.

-from the instagram lover.

I seem to have lost the personal hotspot on the IPhone 4 after upgrade to 5.1.1
Can anyone tell me how to get it back ?
Tried reset network but did not work.

I seem to have lost the personal hotspot on the IPhone 4 after upgrade to 5.1.1
Can anyone tell me how to get it back ?
Tried reset network but did not work.

Just goto setting-general-network-cellular data network and enter your apn at the last column named hotspot.
Respring and it appears back. Had this same issues.

Sorry for the double post, but I need to ask this.
I have an iphone 4s, gifted to me by a friend from Australia.
The problem is, it isn't unlocked so I can't use my sim card with it.
I really have no idea about how to go about unlocking it, can anyone please guide me?
P.s- I stay in Delhi, so if I need to go somewhere to get it unlocked please tell me so.
Thanks!
happy19.gif

Sorry for the double post, but I need to ask this.
I have an iphone 4s, gifted to me by a friend from Australia.
The problem is, it isn't unlocked so I can't use my sim card with it.
I really have no idea about how to go about unlocking it, can anyone please guide me?
P.s- I stay in Delhi, so if I need to go somewhere to get it unlocked please tell me so.
Thanks!
happy19.gif

You better post your details like - locked to which carrier,fw no and bb no for easy solution.
It can be unlocked by gevey turbo or so based on your baseband.

For more easy way, post the model no.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
The model number is A1387.
I'm unable to find the baseband since the phone isnt going past the initial screen which says that sim card inserted in this.... only compatible sim cards may be used to activate.
Regarding the carrier, I'll ask about it tom.
Is there no way to unlock it by software like we do in jailbreaking?

Thanks a lot for the reply!
The model number is A1387.
I'm unable to find the baseband since the phone isnt going past the initial screen which says that sim card inserted in this.... only compatible sim cards may be used to activate.
Regarding the carrier, I'll ask about it tom.
Is there no way to unlock it by software like we do in jailbreaking?

why cant you activate thru wifi or itunes without sim.
and is that the full model no. seems to short to find the carrier.
for Eg, mine is "md235hn" which is indian version and was Factory unlocked.
For more info,
iPhone: Locating wireless carriers
and from that, its locked and those aussie carriers offers, authorized unlocking. dig some time.
hope this helps.

Just goto setting-general-network-cellular data network and enter your apn at the last column named hotspot.
Respring and it appears back. Had this same issues.

May be I spoke too soon. I do get that personal hotspot thing under cellular data network after i enable data but on its right side there is always a spinning circle and I cannot go inside that personal hotspot. Also after some time the spinning circle stops and the hotspot thing disappears.

Edit: finally it worked by itself

why cant you activate thru wifi or itunes without sim.
and is that the full model no. seems to short to find the carrier.
for Eg, mine is "md235hn" which is indian version and was Factory unlocked.
For more info,
iPhone: Locating wireless carriers
and from that, its locked and those aussie carriers offers, authorized unlocking. dig some time.
hope this helps.

Oh, alright. So does that mean it can only be unlocked by those carriers itself?
Found out the carrier. It's Vodafone.
So now, is this unlocking procedure something I can do from home or do I need to take it to some store or something?
Update: went to ghaffar market in karol bagh, got it unlocked :)

Oh, alright. So does that mean it can only be unlocked by those carriers itself?
Found out the carrier. It's Vodafone.
So now, is this unlocking procedure something I can do from home or do I need to take it to some store or something?
Update: went to ghaffar market in karol bagh, got it unlocked :)

voila, so you unlocked it mate.
share how its done.
and enjoy the beauty.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

been download, will rate it later.
but i love the minimalistic ;)

voila, so you unlocked it mate.
share how its done.
and enjoy the beauty.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

been download, will rate it later.
but i love the minimalistic ;)

Thanks! I guess I should make another post and not spam it here :S What's weird is that the app's 90% of the downloads are from the Netherlands and Germany rather than India or USA. Hope I can make it more aware to the other iOS users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back